Saw a used equinox for sale

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
And the guy wants $1,350 for it.I think I’ll wait a little longer for a used one.:laughing:

But I will say this,when this machine first came to light,and I saw a lot of old timers on here who I thought knew what they were talking about,saying it would Best a 3030,Etrac ,deus,v3i,,I thought they’d lost they’re mind.

Now up to speed,i am still not rushing out and buying one.But I will,when they hit used.But,I can see now how these long time members felt and why they were so intent on this nox besting Everything out there regardless of price..newer technology...the v3i,Etrac,3030,deus are old news,outdated technology.And I know the deus can be updated,but pretty much still the same platform,just tweaked..As we’ve seen from makro and other companies it’s not hard to do better for less money with newer technology.So its a no brained That Minelab could create a machine to out do the 3030 and others for a fraction of the cost.
I live in a area that has a wyotech,it’s a full on technical institute for cars and trucks..These kids come by the thousands here,,and they’re run newer technology vehicles that cost very little.The newer mustangs that are all over town are just getting they’re ass handed to them by these kids in the rice grinders,not even a close race from the ones I’ve seen.
So like the mustang,that was once the top dog in my area for the drag strip,newer technology for half the money has trumped them.Just like the deus,3030,Etrac And v3i was trumped by Minelabs newer technology,the equinox.
I get it,no argument from me.Just took awhile for me to see it,but for now I’ll keep what I got till summer...

Minelab really knows how to create a huge demand.... LOL. I can not wait until they are stocked up and some deals are made. I have yet to pay full retail for any detector. Normally even when the CTX first came out if you call a dealer they gave you a good deal. Heck I paid way less for my CTX than retail (retail still is $2499.00). So far not many dealers want to deal on a Equinox. I will continue to wait and watch...

I will add that the Nox was never meant to compete with the CTX or other high end machines. It was meant to compete with the At Max Deus and other mid to low high end machines. Already from real world testing it will not best the CTX or V3i.

yep. he has it on ebay also.. people should start sending him best offers ... say $500..

This is just nuts! retail the 800 is $900 brand spanking new. I'm in no hurry and i think the jury is still out on the product anyway. I'll give it till the end of the year before I buy one if at all.

In my experience all the hype is soon deflated by reality and that leads to used - barely used machines up for sale at 1/2 price. In the meantime, while i'm sure its a good detector I'll wager I can still score with my machines.

This is just nuts! retail the 800 is $900 brand spanking new. I'm in no hurry and i think the jury is still out on the product anyway. I'll give it till the end of the year before I buy one if at all.

In my experience all the hype is soon deflated by reality and that leads to used - barely used machines up for sale at 1/2 price. In the meantime, while i'm sure its a good detector I'll wager I can still score with my machines.
Good luck finding a Nox for 1/2 off. Going to be a long time before that happens. Nox has been competing in depth and separation to high end machines like CTX and Deus in early tests. Users have not even had them long enough to really unlock their full potential. Unless another new technology is released soon Nox is going to hold its value for years to come. Similar to the Garrett AT line and how it has held its value really well until a slight drop lately most likely due to the Nox release.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good luck finding a Nox for 1/2 off. Going to be a long time before that happens. Nox has been competing in depth and separation to high end machines like CTX and Deus in early tests. Users have not even had them long enough to really unlock their full potential. Unless another new technology is released soon Nox is going to hold its value for years to come. Similar to the Garrett AT line and how it has held its value really well until a slight drop lately most likely due to the Nox release.

I think you are mistaken. Nox doesn't compete with the CTX. Why would Minelab create a 900.00 machine to compete with their flagship 2700.00 machine? Minelab brass have more business sense than that. Of course this is my opinion.

I think you are mistaken. Nox doesn't compete with the CTX. Why would Minelab create a 900.00 machine to compete with their flagship 2700.00 machine? Minelab brass have more business sense than that.
I take it you have not been watching many videos or reading comparisons from users since Nox came out?? I am not going to post the reviews and videos in here but I think you might be surprised. I am not saying the Nox is better or beating the CTX. I am saying it is competing with it and at a fraction of the cost. This has been discussed in great length before and after the release of the Nox and I think minelab knows exactly what they are doing. Their bottom line definitely has not suffered after the release of the Nox I would bet on that.

I take it you have not been watching many videos or reading comparisons from users since Nox came out?? I am not going to post the reviews and videos in here but I think you might be surprised. I am not saying the Nox is better or beating the CTX. I am saying it is competing with it and at a fraction of the cost. This has been discussed in great length before and after the release of the Nox and I think minelab knows exactly what they are doing. Their bottom line definitely has not suffered after the release of the Nox I would bet on that.

I don't watch many video's especially of test gardens and set up conditions. I wait till they are out in the field and more folks use them on wild finds. I saw the one on the gold chain. I haven't formed an opinion yet. I really do not believe the Nox will EVER compete with a CTX in the hands of an experienced user. Nobody has ever proved their Excal is deeper or more deadly on gold with me and my CZ-21.

Will the Nox help me find smaller gold chains in fresh water? Possibly, although I would drown it in the long run.

I personally do not think Minelab would cut their own throat. IF the Nox COULD outperform a CTX, the price would have been substantially higher in my opinion. I am entitled to my belief and views as you are to yours.

I don't watch many video's especially of test gardens and set up conditions. I wait till they are out in the field and more folks use them on wild finds. I saw the one on the gold chain. I haven't formed an opinion yet. I really do not believe the Nox will EVER compete with a CTX in the hands of an experienced user. Nobody has ever proved their Excal is deeper or more deadly on gold with me and my CZ-21.

Will the Nox help me find smaller gold chains in fresh water? Possibly, although I would drown it in the long run.

I personally do not think Minelab would cut their own throat. IF the Nox COULD outperform a CTX, the price would have been substantially higher in my opinion. I am entitled to my belief and views as you are to yours.
Yep there have been a lot more videos released since the gold chain video. Some are actual live digs and field tests as well. There are a couple of members of this forum even that have gone over sites already pounded by their own CTX and Deus and have produced silver and other finds. I am forming my opinion off of what I have seen and heard as are you. Not saying you are wrong just giving my opinion as well. Every detectorist is different and the equinox will not be for everyone and every situation. I was as skeptical as anyone when it was announced. I love my Etrac and I loved my At pro but it has already been sold to make room for the 800. I don't plan on selling my Etrac though as I feel it will have advantages over Nox in certain scenarios just as the CTX will. Only time will tell how good the Nox really is. If we are still talking about it in a couple of years I think we will have our answer. And who knows maybe minelab has a ctx4040 coming down the pipe that will blow us all away??!!

Yep there have been a lot more videos released since the gold chain video. Some are actual live digs and field tests as well. There are a couple of members of this forum even that have gone over sites already pounded by their own CTX and Deus and have produced silver and other finds. I am forming my opinion off of what I have seen and heard as are you. Not saying you are wrong just giving my opinion as well. Every detectorist is different and the equinox will not be for everyone and every situation. I was as skeptical as anyone when it was announced. I love my Etrac and I loved my At pro but it has already been sold to make room for the 800. I don't plan on selling my Etrac though as I feel it will have advantages over Nox in certain scenarios just as the CTX will. Only time will tell how good the Nox really is. If we are still talking about it in a couple of years I think we will have our answer. And who knows maybe minelab has a ctx4040 coming down the pipe that will blow us all away??!!

Problems gonna be when the spare coils cost $250. And waterproof phones are $199. You used to get a free 17" coil with a CTX. If you wait long enough will they start giving away free optional coils when they come out?

I can easily see why you would sell an At-Pro and keep an E-Trac. I had an E-Trac and my friend an AT-Pro and in the field I proved over and over the E-Trac was deeper than the Pro. No matter what settings he used he couldn't get signals out of the deep coins I got with my E-Trac. He sold the Pro also.

There are a LOT of reasons why the Nox is finding things that have been missed by better machines. Even my Tiger Shark has found me gold and silver that my CZ-21 never picked up, knowing I was in the same spot also.

Everyone has to have what they think works best for them. I do.

Supposed to get mine next week. Luckily me and my friends got lots of gold chains. If it wont pick up certain ones we have I will save you some money. And if it picks up one I got I may regret reducing my order down to one Nox:lol:

Just watched calabashs test garden video,that nox really smacked 12 inch coins..I know test gardens are easier cause you know where things are,,but a foot deep coin is impressive in any environment
I’ve got a 705 with a tornado coil that the equinox would replace if I got one,,but I’ve pulled some 10 plus inch coins with that xterra with the tornado too,be a hard machine to give up.

Just watched calabashs test garden video,that nox really smacked 12 inch coins..I know test gardens are easier cause you know where things are,,but a foot deep coin is impressive in any environment
I’ve got a 705 with a tornado coil that the equinox would replace if I got one,,but I’ve pulled some 10 plus inch coins with that xterra with the tornado too,be a hard machine to give up.

I know what your saying wb, I have an Equinox coming but I don't think I can part with the 705.

Is Minelab crazy?

I think you are mistaken. Nox doesn't compete with the CTX. Why would Minelab create a 900.00 machine to compete with their flagship 2700.00 machine? Minelab brass have more business sense than that. Of course this is my opinion.

Think about it like this...... Lets us say for easy fairly conservative numbers that there are 4,000,000 detectorist worldwide, and of those 4mil, 10% can afford or are willing to cough up $2400.00 for a ctx 3030....
4,000,000 x 10%= 400,000 x $2400.00 =$960,000,000 (wow)

Now take the Nox affordability @ $800.00 and assume half can afford it
4,000,000 x 50%= 2,000,000 x $800 =$1,600,000,000 (double wow)

and I think these number are fairly conservative.....
I think they are filling a niche and providing a great machine (time will tell)
and clearly will be cashing in! Just my clad two cents :grin:

I think Minelab saw the popularity of the AT series and the money maker that was for Garrett. They then looked over at Garrett and said “Watch this, Hold my Beer”
In the end it’s a lot like street racing, you may have a better car with more HP and torque, but if you’re a crappy driver you’ll lose to that 2009 Miata.

Minelab checked all the boxes that I need as an MDer & so I ordered the Equinox 800. I don’t care about the wait, we still have over a foot of snow in my yard & I was able to get Minelabs Military Discount so that helped a lot.
I’ll post how it does in freshwater, as I mainly hunt creeks, lakes and rivers. The Beach mode is created for salt, so maybe Park 2 would be better pairing with freshwater... we’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom