Detech 13" coil

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, I bought this coil on the bay and was wondering if this looks like a minelab 5 pin plug to you? From what im reading, fisher has the same if not very similar plug. Just really hoping it works, if not, keep an eye out for a 13" coil for fishers in the classified section :laughing: thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-04-09-30-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-01-04-09-30-39.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 221
Is the cable coiled or straight? Coiled or stretched out from coiled it's Minelab FBS is not it would be for F5/F19/Greeks or F75/F70 or T2.

I would guess it's F5/Greeks coils looking at the other pics.

Is the cable coiled or straight? Coiled or stretched out from coiled it's Minelab FBS is not it would be for F5/F19/Greeks or F75/F70 or T2.

I would guess it's F5/Greeks coils looking at the other pics.

I had a fisher f4 and a fisher f5 and they had those exact connectors. Looks Fisher to me but I’ve never seen a minelab connector for the etrac.

Thanks fellas! Unfortunately the cable is not coiled, it is straight...which if im reading correctly means fisher :roll: good thing I got a good price on it and there's 15" of snow outside :laughing: I appreciate it guys!

That connector is exactly like the one on my Explorer Jeff. If they use the same connectors does that mean that they will interchange??? Unless the coils that are straight aren’t the same length overall as the coiled ones....wrong tuning for the coil? The coily part would just be so it doesn’t bunch up cuz they’re run internally but wouldn’t they be wound the same way? I know nothing about how coils are wound other than they use wire...and epoxy!:lol:

That connector is exactly like the one on my Explorer Jeff. If they use the same connectors does that mean that they will interchange??? Unless the coils that are straight aren’t the same length overall as the coiled ones....wrong tuning for the coil? The coily part would just be so it doesn’t bunch up cuz they’re run internally but wouldn’t they be wound the same way? I know nothing about how coils are wound other than they use wire...and epoxy!:lol:
It might actually work, but where the cable isnt coiled, I don't think it will be long enough... Not sure though, oh well im sure I can find a home for it here...

It might actually work, but where the cable isnt coiled, I don't think it will be long enough... Not sure though, oh well im sure I can find a home for it here...

Your connector looks identical to the Minelab connector on my 13" Ultimate coil. My cable is coiled though. As you said, though, straight cable = Fisher and coiled cable = Minelab. It's a pretty desirable coil, though. I'm sure you'll be able to sell it with no problem and maybe even turn a little profit!

Attachments

• IMG_9656.jpg
    IMG_9656.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 150
Back
Top Bottom