Revolutionary war British uniform button? Need help to identify these buttons.

Dogfisch

c5ef7857f1ff8077cef2032ef21a6550.jpg
65fee99184fe0b81e2632370ff4521a4.jpg

I️ found this button along with other revolutionary war items. I️ found 2 buttons, one is fully made of brass and still has its shank on the back along with some writing I️ can’t quite make out. The other button has a brass back, missing it’s shank and has a smooth silver color face. I️ did a little research and they look like they could be British military but I️ want the pros to weigh in.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fc836629d9d19195dc052f091051529f.jpg

I'm not a pro but have found Rev war uniform buttons and if I remember correctly flat buttons with writing on the back are most likely from the 1800s. All the uniform buttons I've found have something on their face. Great finds either way. Like I said I'm not a pro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, you might be right. Its hard to see or get the feel for it in the pictures but the button with the shank still on it with the writing on the back had a thicker face at one time. The center of the face is thicker then the edges and looks to have warn away like the coins have. So there could have been some design on the face but I will probably never know.

Thanks for the info, you might be right. Its hard to see or get the feel for it in the pictures but the button with the shank still on it with the writing on the back had a thicker face at one time. The center of the face is thicker then the edges and looks to have warn away like the coins have. So there could have been some design on the face but I will probably never know.

So far all I can find that resembles this button is "colonial button or brass button"
These are some examples of there on the web. So the assumption that it was british was probably wrong could have been a militia outpost or camp.

Attachments

• 11490509_3.jpg
    11490509_3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 613
Back
Top Bottom