Too Nervous to MD in Parking Strips..

Kitten Mittens, I would just give up detecting them if I were you and let someone with a lot more experience in dealing with people handle the situation.

In fact, mark all the places you think might be productive on a map and keep it in a safe place so it can be evaluated later by an expert.

Just like last season and "April showers" he is gone...

I miss ya bro, always entertaining...

See ya next spring...

<*)))>{

Note from Admin: He was last here two days ago. Please refrain from waving red flags.

I'm still here............ Nice try though, <<<Gratuitous insult removed by Admin>>>.

Last edited by a moderator:
For any of you that didn't understand my post above. This thread was started by my youngest of 6 daughters. I have hunted many many parking strips in Utah and will be going back to see her with my E-trac.

For any of you that didn't understand my post above. This thread was started by my youngest of 6 daughters. I have hunted many many parking strips in Utah and will be going back to see her with my E-trac.

No way!! That's awesome Scuba!!

<°)))>{

Kitten Mittens, I would just give up detecting them if I were you and let someone with a lot more experience in dealing with people handle the situation.

In fact, mark all the places you think might be productive on a map and keep it in a safe place so it can be evaluated later by an expert.

In your dreams =P Ogden is my territory! I will learn to ask. Would help if I had that probe some one promised me.... =P

if your area has strips without curbs, those are the best, as a lot of folks park on them and so they are in poor condition. Owners really don't care if you dig in the weeds and bare patches. Also, strangers and neighbors are likely to park on the open strip, so the homeowner already has resigned himself to a certain lack of control over the strip, and damage to the strip, even if he avoids parking on it himself. If there are bumpers along the road edge to discourage parking, then I avoid it. Some homeowners illegally fill their strip with shrubbery and trees...well, it's illegal here, where open shoulders are supposed to be able to accomodate cars pulling over on it, I don't know about your area.
Strips under trees with heavy foliage are excellent...I don't know about up north, but st. augustine grass here in south florida needs a lot of sunlight. These areas can have big bare patches. Again, almost no one has ever insisted I leave from such a strip. If the tree looks 30 years old, and its a hundred year old residence, then tthere was probably thick grass there when silver coins were in use.

Look for unoccupied houses, empty lots, houses with no cars, houses with all the blinds closed and no dogs, just to avoid trouble. Uncurbed strips by churches are great. If the cops come they will either let you continue or tell you someone called and they'll politely suggest you go somewhere else.

It's definitely worthwhile to search out old streets with parking strips that lack curbs even if you have to drive awhile to get there. In south florida we call them swales, but apparently there's no such term in other parts of the country.

Back
Top Bottom