2018 Goals

WyoTom

Elite Member
What is everyone’s goals for 2018? Maybe a bucket list item? Certain number of silver coins? Ect... My goal for this year is to find a SLQ. I haven’t found one in my almost 15 years of detecting. I hope each and every one of you achieve your detecting goals! Good Luck!

I want to get,...............my 1st ! lolo...been playin at this for several years. Getting a little more serious all time. New detector should be here any day,..have a new site to work this year. Actually I would like 10ish silvers for the year,.I'd be happy...but right now I want my 1st.

Hoping to at least hit 100 silvers this year, and possibly surpass last years totals.. Also would LOVE a standing liberty quarter as well! Good luck all in 2018!

To go out and enjoy every hour of hunting,while perhaps scoring some lower to mid conductor stuff that’s very old. Learning to hunt in the range that is NOT silver is difficult...we will see how it goes. Of course finding silver is good,but if I don’t,I don’t want it to be a negative thing as it has in the past. Everyone ABLE to take part in this hobby is a lucky dog,we should remember that.

I want to get,...............my 1st ! lolo...been playin at this for several years. Getting a little more serious all time. New detector should be here any day,..have a new site to work this year. Actually I would like 10ish silvers for the year,.I'd be happy...but right now I want my 1st.

Door knocking is the key to finding silver coins. Focus on houses from the 20’s to the 60’s and you’ll find 10 in a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold coin.
Canonball.
Some ww2 relic with swastika.

And a little bit higher on my bucketlist, more Roman and medieval coins.

1. Make it threw winter.
2. Find a few new honey holes .
3. Get even better with my equipment .
4. Save some keepers along the way
5. Spend even more time along side good hunting buddies 👍

2018 prediction ,
JacknJill (Trapper) blows the Friendly Forum away with massive quantities of silver . 👍 Money in the bank ! We are all going to school this year 😎
, Dew

100 silvers, my first seated coin and an end to all the hype, & petty bickering over the Equinox. Just reading some of the posts has got me shaking my head. Good luck to all in 2018 Mark

I have a couple of goals for 2018. The first is to get my career 1000 Silver Coin. That will be #81 FTY. I really want to share a lot of hunts with Air Force Mike, IDX Monster, Dewsweeper and his Son and get together a lot more with my mentor Dave who is also retiring this Spring. I hope to also get another Chicago hunt together along with some group hunts with the Friendly Forum members. As far as coins for me I am still chasing a "V"Nickel along with a Shield. The Bucketlister for me will be a Bust anything coin. The last goal is to make Dewsweeper's prediction come true. Trapper

1. Make it threw winter.
2. Find a few new honey holes .
3. Get even better with my equipment .
4. Save some keepers along the way
5. Spend even more time along side good hunting buddies 👍

2018 prediction ,
JacknJill (Trapper) blows the Friendly Forum away with massive quantities of silver . 👍 Money in the bank ! We are all going to school this year 😎
, Dew

Brad just want you to know I appreciate your confidence in me and to let you know I am doing everything in my power to help make your prediction come true. I have not been sitting on my hands this last few weeks. While I have not been detecting. Every time I have left my home I have been scouting and seeking permissions. I have a goal of at least 3 new sites in each trip out and as of this writing I have secured 37 new private properties in local old neighborhoods. I would think this should help in the counts. Trapper

#1 goal is to get more permissions. I've been pounding my places for years and they're really starting to play out. I need more locations.

Still new to the game, so aiming pretty low.

1. A silver, any silver.

2. Connect with the local detecting group (their meetings are on my late-shift nights, though, blech)

3. Work out my 'dig rig' - just switched to a nail apron for finds, big improvement over the messenger bag I had been using, but still trying to find the most convenient way to carry my gear.

To get out at least 50 times, to dig at least $300 in clad, to dig some silver, and to find my first ever Franklin half. AND because I'll turn 72 before the hunt season starts my goal will be to live long enough to finish the year:laughing:

Brad just want you to know I appreciate your confidence in me and to let you know I am doing everything in my power to help make your prediction come true. I have not been sitting on my hands this last few weeks. While I have not been detecting. Every time I have left my home I have been scouting and seeking permissions. I have a goal of at least 3 new sites in each trip out and as of this writing I have secured 37 new private properties in local old neighborhoods. I would think this should help in the counts. Trapper

No pressure at all Trap . You can do this with your eyes closed .
I was careful not to throw out a number because enjoying yourself and the beutiful days is the key. Things come easy when your prepared as you are always and your in your happy place . For you it's hunt mode . Just coasting around and sucking them up .
I have never seen anyone that can break down a large area like you can .

I hope I get many chances this year to Cruze the green grass and keep you in the corner of my eye. Also looking forward to picking IDX monsters brain. You know how I like to help keep his wheels turning. 👍 The wheels no longer spin with him . Just grind along as he works like a surgeon to excavate to goods.
Airforce Mike actually has rust on his carbon fiber lower shaft.
He will have that knocked off in a half hour or so .
I am looking so forward to 2018 . Oh and maybe I can meet Dave once . That would be an honor .
, Dew

This is my first year to set any goals for the year- thru 2017 i was working on getting my "first hundred hours" using my detector. I managed 40hrs in 2017-
the final 30 of which were during the month or so between Thanksgiving & Christmas. My 2018 goals:

1. Actually get out and swinging the coil 100hrs this year.
2. Finding 5 silver coins.
3. Finding a new "oldest" coin - older than 1920.

After reaching 100hrs on the ATPro, i picked up an Etrac for Christmas and have just started on the new learning curve...

Back
Top Bottom