New Legend

MuddyMo

Forum Supporter
I took my new Legend out yesterday and 30 minutes into the hunt it locks up. I got a signal and started working around it then silence. No buttons worked except holding down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds then it finally rebooted. Fortunately it never happened again. Wondered if this happens to others. I never updated it and don't ask what version I have because I don't know how to check.

From the manual.

Press and hold the power&settings button for a second to turn on the device. Loading message “Ld” will appear on screen and the software version will be displayed at the upper right corner.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudduMo, with as many years as you have been detecting, I am curious:

** What detector(s) have you been using?

** What interested you about The Legend?

** What are you initial thoughts about the unit, and do you think it will satisfy your wants and needs?

Monte

Monte, I moved back to the coast and wanted a smf that was submersible for the saltwater beach and hopefully good for dirt. I had an 800 in the past but didn't care for it and I don't believe they're reliably waterproof.
I haven't used the Legend enough to say much about it but I'll be keeping it even if only for beach hunting. My buddy with years of experience and who has owned many top detectors is impressed with his.

Thanks scalz, it is still on 104. I tried to update the software but I apparently don't have something right on my computer to get it done.

Your welcome.

Same with me. I wanted to try some non diving water hunting since my old XLT workhorse isn’t up to it. Lucky to find a slightly used Legend here at Friendly.
Can’t wait to give it a go! HH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my new Legend out yesterday and 30 minutes into the hunt it locks up. I got a signal and started working around it then silence. No buttons worked except holding down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds then it finally rebooted. Fortunately it never happened again. Wondered if this happens to others. I never updated it and don't ask what version I have because I don't know how to check.

Others have had that problem, they held the power button down for 30 seconds and it fixed it.

Thanks scalz, it is still on 104. I tried to update the software but I apparently don't have something right on my computer to get it done.

Software version 1.04 had a history of causing frozen/locked Legend's. 1.07 has not had that problem from what I have read and experienced.

I was unable to update from 1.04 to 1.05 or 1.07 due to a bad chip that controls the data/charging port. Nokta Makro replaced my original system control box very quickly and I was able to update that system control box easily so the problem was not me, my computers or following the instructions.

If you can't get yours to update and you are following all of the update instructions correctly, you may have the same problem I had.

You can call Andy at We Dig Metal Detectors which is also the Nokta Makro USA service center. He usually responds very quickly. 573-270-0447.

This is the link to an update tutorial Andy did for the Legend in case you haven't seen it........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTLG_4sIdA&t=183s

Back
Top Bottom