Places to search in Lynchburg

welcome from Long Island, New york. You are lucky to live in a place so rich in Civil War history. Try joining a local MD club for starters. They will head you in the right direction.

Antique Jon,....Welcome to the forum....I live in Forest and Lynchburg does not allow md on city property.....if you can find a homeowner in Lynchburg to give you permission to md on get it in writing and carry it with you....Campbell Cty does not have any md law's on the book's, but call the Campbell Cty park's & Rec Dept and they answer any question's you may have....gl/hh.

Hi i am going to be recieving a fisher f2 in the mail in a few days...anyway i live in forest "right near lynchburg" and am mainly wodering if there are any laws about metal detecting in parks and stuff. I live kind of out in the country we have 13 acres of land and i have found an arrow head and there are old chimneys all around in the fields of friends we know that probably date to at least 1800 so i think i am in a good spot. Any help would be great

You're in a target rich enviroment....for civil war relics at least....I'm sure there's tons of books and maps....I was given one called...The maps of jebidiah hotchkiss.....google him or get the book...I found it to be interesting to read.....there are a lot of civil war maps that he drew for stonewall Jackson during the war.....these maps are pretty detailed and could be overplayed onto modern maps to pinpoint areas of battles...campsites...trails...check it out and let me kno if it helps ya...

Back
Top Bottom