• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Unusual find in Wisconsin. Looking for confirmation.

Knight451

Headed out this morning to check out a park that we went to yesterday for my sons soccer game. Couple of baseball diamonds and older playground equipment and I thought it looked promising. On my way there I happened to drive past a park that I have been eying up for a while and decided to stop. The park used to have a stage stop on it according to the sign and was a farm in the early 1900's. I wasn't working a pattern just kind of meandering around and got a broken quarter signal at about three inches. Opened the hole and pulled a square nail at 3 inches, poked around with the pin-pointer and got another signal to the side of the hole that turned out to be larger nail at about 5 inches. Kept poking around and got a faint signal with the pin-pointer straight down at the bottom of the hole and just slightly off to the side. After digging around for a bit I pried out what appeared to be a flat lead oval until I turned it over. I think I may have just found my first US cavalry belt plate!!! In Wisconsin, no less. I was shocked. I just sat there for about 10 minutes saying "No way" over and over again. It appears to be the real deal but i would love to have someone with a bit more knowledge confirm it for me. I had to call it early due to rain but I WILL be back to that park soon. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• HPIM2910B.jpg
    HPIM2910B.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 441
  • HPIM2911B.jpg
    HPIM2911B.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 434
Now that is awesome! I was just thinking about the lack of civil war relics in Wisconsin! The history behind it has to be cool! WTG! good luck with the research! HH..C-Dog

WOW!! Never thought we would see that here in Wisconsin. That is pretty cool. Looks like the real deal to me, but I'm no expert. Way to go!!

I think that plate belongs to Aaron Rogers haha... or maybe its one of those "discount doublechecks"!!! That's a great find and looks good to me...:shock:

Cool find! I hope you get confirmation on it. I've found a couple three-ringers digging in southern wisconsin but never anything like that. Very cool.

Looks real to me! That is a big WOW!! Congrats on that find, a scarce one in our part of the world to be sure. I'll bet you'll be heading park to that park for a little gridding of that area. Congrats again on a truly historic find!

wow!

Wow! That's unreal! Like others not an expert. But sure looks about right from the photo! Keep us posted but I'd bet its the real deal. Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom