Twice now someone stole from me.

devros

Elite Member
Well this morning my daughter woke up and said that someone stole her bike. I first thought that she misplaced it, and told her to go look for it. Well just a few days ago someone stole my wife's brand new bike. We found my wife's down the road and around the corner. So today I went to the same area we found my wife's to look for my daughters bike. On the way back, there was a mountain bike sitting by the trees at the beginning of our road. I thought how strange that was. So this is what I think happened, they left the mountain bike and took my daughter's bike. Now what I am hoping is that they come back tonight to get the bike they left behind. I pray they do, and then again I pray they don't, my dog and I will be waiting for them. My dog is a 100 pound boxer with a bad attitude, sometimes very bad. He looks like he would rather eat you than let you pet him. The kids down the street think that he's the baddest dog they ever laid eyes on, what people don't know, unless I tell them, is that he's really a big baby, he just sounds mean, but he can be if I tell him to be. He is so well trained that my nine year old daughter can control him. But anyways, I built a extension cable for my web cam and mounted it to the eve of the house, and it's hidden very well. I also installed some motion software so if anything moves in front of the web cam it will play a sound and take a picture, I also turned the web cam into a night vision camera, so it takes very good pictures in low light. So tonight I will be waiting for them to return. I don't think they are very smart, this is twice now that they got me, and they must think that they pretty comfortable in what they do. So that's what I am relying on. I hope that they do, I will get them and put the fear of me in them never mind god, it's him that they will be pray to when I catch them. I might even get my video camera out tonight just to catch them in the act and have the look on their faces, man wouldn't that be cool. I could put it on you tube for everyone to see. LOL. Man am I evil, :madmad:

Personally, I would rig something up to the bike..ummm...lets go 220, and when he grabs it......he go pee-pee in his wittle pants.

But thats just me....(place disclaimer here)

I know the feeling. Back in the early 1990's I had a Mazda pickup. That sucker was stolen from me 3 times and all 3 times I got it back within a few days. You really feel violated. The first time was the worst feeling. By the 3rd time I actually hoped I'd never see it again.

Came in for a bit, been sitting outside with Spike. Man I won't go on a stake out with him again, he doesn't know how to be quite, he is giving us away, think I might have to go this one alone.

I hope you find the thieve/thieves, this post got me thinking about something I was talking with a friend about the other day- I was telling him that stealing is going to get alot worse I'm afraid, the country is in really bad shape,people loosing their jobs, loosing everything they have,etc. and they still have to eat & take care of their family & pay their bills. I can see even good people doing the wrong things. Our world has changed big time & not for the better.

Thinks have been changing for the worse regardless of how the economy has been.
True. Like always I am about to say something that might not come out the way I mean - I have said for quite some time that our police people should be doing or at least trying to do better at stopping the drug problem. I mean no disrespect to the police people out there as I have some that are friends and have a few judges that are friends. I know the drug problem is huge and hard to fight but I think more effort should be put into it rather than alot of the petty small stuff.

Are you going to fix there bike up so it takes them a few minutes to take it or put some kind noise maker on it so you here them messing with it.

I used to have a peeping tom in my neighborhood. I set 30 pnd fish line around the main corners and angles you have to travel to get into my back yard. It got "tripped" (pun intended) one night and I heard a thud and someone run off. Well, that did the trick. They never returned and I had a pretty good suspicion who it was, a neighborhood teen.

Either way the line will let you know if someone was around when you aren't.

Petty small stuff like answering domestic violence calls, home invasion calls, gang violence calls, there's a creepy man watching kids at the playground call. Where do you draw the line? What's petty. Oh, Sorry we don't answer rape calls anymore, we're too busy busting kids or weed. Take the weed away, and they are going to start huffing paint and glue fumes. Is that better? People want drugs, so they will get drugs. Just like they tried with prohibition. Look what that did. Huge mob wars of control of the booze. You can never get rid of a problem when the majority of the public wants it. Weed is SO prevalent they almost need to legalize it do they have MORE control over.

The police are stretched as THIN as they can be. They do the best they can with what they are given. If you want more results become a cop yourself, or start making HUGE donations or petition the city to give more money to the police department. I suggest you volunteer for a ride along program and see what those supposed lazy, fat, donut eating cops have to deal with in a week. They see the worst humanity has to offer in a daily basis. It's no joke that more cops kill themselves annually than are killed in the line of duty. I met a cop that was just dead inside and retired after going to a call and seeing a 12 year old that committed with daddy's gun. It haunted him untill he just had to give it up. What does a 12 not have to live for?

Demanding the police DO MORE while you sit inside and watch TV every night without really knowing what they have to do in a day, well it just chaps my ass.

Petty small stuff like answering domestic violence calls, home invasion calls, gang violence calls, there's a creepy man watching kids at the playground call. Where do you draw the line? What's petty. Oh, Sorry we don't answer rape calls anymore, we're too busy busting kids or weed. Take the weed away, and they are going to start huffing paint and glue fumes. Is that better? People want drugs, so they will get drugs. Just like they tried with prohibition. Look what that did. Huge mob wars of control of the booze. You can never get rid of a problem when the majority of the public wants it. Weed is SO prevalent they almost need to legalize it do they have MORE control over.

The police are stretched as THIN as they can be. They do the best they can with what they are given. If you want more results become a cop yourself, or start making HUGE donations or petition the city to give more money to the police department. I suggest you volunteer for a ride along program and see what those supposed lazy, fat, donut eating cops have to deal with in a week. They see the worst humanity has to offer in a daily basis. It's no joke that more cops kill themselves annually than are killed in the line of duty. I met a cop that was just dead inside and retired after going to a call and seeing a 12 year old that committed with daddy's gun. It haunted him untill he just had to give it up. What does a 12 not have to live for?

Demanding the police DO MORE while you sit inside and watch TV every night without really knowing what they have to do in a day, well it just chaps my ass.
I was waiting for this.... and now realize I shouldn't of said anything. I am not demanding more out of them I was saying they could lay off the petty stuff as in - sitting in their cars in a cemetery (very disrespectful) running radar, driving by the local bar non stop eying out what cars are there and pulling them over on their way home. Drinking and driving is wrong but whats up with a person having one or two drinks at a bar after a hard weeks work and getting a dwi or a dwai, its your word against theirs. I could go on but it chaps my ass as well thinking of what some of them do like it chaps your ass that you think I sit inside and watch TV every night without really knowing what they have to do in a day. Walk a day in my shoes and then you can tell me what I do and don't do (pick any day as I work 7 days a week, every day of the year). By the way I never watch tv, spent too many years fixing them, rather spend my time on the detecting forums.

True. Like always I am about to say something that might not come out the way I mean - I have said for quite some time that our police people should be doing or at least trying to do better at stopping the drug problem. I mean no disrespect to the police people out there as I have some that are friends and have a few judges that are friends. I know the drug problem is huge and hard to fight but I think more effort should be put into it rather than alot of the petty small stuff.

As an assistant principal, I have worked with a lot of officers and they are frustrated with the "court system". Most prosecutors won't take cases unless they are definite slam dunks. Also too many teenagers out and about at 2am committing crimes and when something happens to them the parents are on TV saying how wonderful they are and they would never do such a thing. As an educator, I see the problem as being the total breakdown of every aspect of our society.

you know i sat outside all night long until early this morning. i did see a young man on a bike talking on his cell phone to a girl, they were on speaker. he was young, too young, it was 2:00 in the morning he was riding his bike up and down the road and hanging around the local party store. When I was single and used to hang out with my friends, we used to play a game. We never did anything wrong but we used to simply hang out in the shadows and watch people, a little scary I know but, we used to watch others doing wrong. This kid never knew I was even there, I could have spit on him and he would never had known where it came from. I was almost tempted to jump out and put the fear in him, as I know if it was my kids out and about that late at night I would kill them. There is no reason any kid should be out that late without good reason. but anyways, I let him go hoping he would show my something but didn't this time, so we will see next time what he does. I am going to go out tonight again and see what happens. Talk to everyone later.

you know i sat outside all night long until early this morning. i did see a young man on a bike talking on his cell phone to a girl, they were on speaker. he was young, too young, it was 2:00 in the morning he was riding his bike up and down the road and hanging around the local party store. When I was single and used to hang out with my friends, we used to play a game. We never did anything wrong but we used to simply hang out in the shadows and watch people, a little scary I know but, we used to watch others doing wrong. This kid never knew I was even there, I could have spit on him and he would never had known where it came from. I was almost tempted to jump out and put the fear in him, as I know if it was my kids out and about that late at night I would kill them. There is no reason any kid should be out that late without good reason. but anyways, I let him go hoping he would show my something but didn't this time, so we will see next time what he does. I am going to go out tonight again and see what happens. Talk to everyone later.

good luck Dev.

Back
Top Bottom