So you want to shot the .50 cal..ok

Yep, some gun totin' friends sent it to me, and I agree with wolf, spooky as heck. That guy came about as close as he could get to taking a very heavy .50 Bmg to the head. Ick........ not a good thing!

Saw this years ago. Amazing. I would have bet money a bullet would not travel back 180 degrees in one piece and be dangerous or travel so far. I still find this video fascinating.

OT

50 cal

Lol thats spooky,the 1st 50 cal i shot ,built the renagade from a kit,adjusted the sites looking at my buddys,same gun,droped a 8 point buck at 50 yards,my buddies came over to me at the end of the morning, what did you shoot at,i said i shot and killed a eight point buck,hes hanging up guted 75 yards up hill,ha your full of it,i am telling you,we walked up hill sure enough the 2 brothers jaws droped,and i had the biggest smile from ear to ear,wow times to remember.

Lol thats spooky,the 1st 50 cal i shot ,built the renagade from a kit,adjusted the sites looking at my buddys,same gun,droped a 8 point buck at 50 yards,my buddies came over to me at the end of the morning, what did you shoot at,i said i shot and killed a eight point buck,hes hanging up guted 75 yards up hill,ha your full of it,i am telling you,we walked up hill sure enough the 2 brothers jaws droped,and i had the biggest smile from ear to ear,wow times to remember.

You hunt whitetails with a 50??? Very cool.

Go find Robert Roark's book "Use Enough Gun". It's about hunting Africa. Roark would have liked you.

OT

This video has been debunked as FAKE!!!!

1) the bullet does not whistle on a ricochette...you would have heard it hit something too
2) you see the guys earmuffs get forcefully pulled from his head at a rearward and to the right angle...fishing line was attached...
3) again...what is with the whistle....the ricochette would have also come back a lot faster, and if it hit him in the head, it would have at least knocked him out if not killed him

It is a funny vid though...

HH,

Landstar, have you read more about this video or are you simply skeptical? I'm a huge cynic on most everything but it sure looks real to me. I've heard many deflected bullets whistle and buzz just like what was recorded.

Big .45-70 lead slugs of 405 grains whiz like crazy when skipped off water. I've done it many times out at sea. Of course they were not coming straight back at me. Any slug knocked off its axis will make all manner of sound. Incoming artillery flying perfectly makes noise. To think a 700 grain .50 flying end over end would not scream is not realistic. It would scream like crazy - just like in the film. As for not hearing the initial shot strike? I clearly hear it strike iron just after the muzzle blast. You should be able to hear that too.

In the video you even see the slug hit the ground several feet in front of the shooter before it strikes him. Pretty tough to set that up. Plus quality of the production stinks. Camera angles all over the place. Maybe this is the clever plan all along. It sure looks real to me and I usually doubt just about everything I see like this when it's online.

So do you have other information you've gathered regarding this video?

OT

1) I clearly heard the "plink" of the round hitting iron.

2) I clearly saw the round hit the ground in front of him before striking him.

3) When close enough, you can hear a bullet cutting through the air (I've been shot at enough to know this is true).

4) Ricochettes do infact "whistle".

5) That would be the end of the shooting day for me, don't want to tempt fate twice within a 24 hour period :)

That is freaking crazy! :shock: :shock: What a lucky guy! Luckily he wasn't badly hurt!

1) I clearly heard the "plink" of the round hitting iron.

2) I clearly saw the round hit the ground in front of him before striking him.

3) When close enough, you can hear a bullet cutting through the air (I've been shot at enough to know this is true).

4) Ricochettes do infact "whistle".

5) That would be the end of the shooting day for me, don't want to tempt fate twice within a 24 hour period :)

I'm with any man whose handle looks like Combat Vet where rics are concerned.

OT

24569_1367442941510_1094774204_1381338_2622128_n.jpg

16161_1256604330614_1094774204_1092128_2523926_n.jpg

Proud

2) you see the guys earmuffs get forcefully pulled from his head at a rearward and to the right angle...fishing line was attached...

The ricochette came at him from the front, hitting him on the left side. You can see the impact on his hearing protection. It only makes sense that the muffs would be knocked from his head in a rearward and to the right direction.

Any kind of impact from a .50 cal round, even during a ricochette where at least 1/2 of it's velocity is lost, is going to be "forcefull".

That' usin' his head!!!..........Man, that would make a person stop and think!!

It would definately make you re-think your target! It is dumb luck that it ricochetted directly back at him but it does happen. I was grazed with a .22 round that I fired once. I had my kids with me and the round must have hit a nail just right. That was the end of shooting for the day, mostly out of concern for my kids but my own safety crossed my mind as well :)

Like I said in a previous post, no need to tempt fate twice in a day!

The only 50 cal rounds I've ever fired where those from a 50 cal barrel bolted on the side of a 106 recoil less rifle. :shock:

Never got a ricochet from the 50 cal tracer rounds and, thank God, never got one from the 106 shell. :shock: That would really spoil your day.

this guy is lucky to even be alive!

At my gun club we got sheet of battleship siding to use as a backstop on our 500 yard range, so one day when I was out there a member showed up with a Barrett 50 and fired off a round.

Shortly after this, the police showed up to see if someone had fired a 50 cal as it had richoeted, hit a house a mile a way and taken out all of the studs on the front of the house.

Yeah, it cost us plenty to rebuild the front of that house.... And we banned 50 caliber rifles after that.

Back
Top Bottom