It’s June. I’m in CT. That means one thing... SILVER (also I hit the 1700s)

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
Been a while since I have posted. Track/field season and the end of another year of teaching consumed much of my time. I’m up in CT for a very short trip due to my grandfather being in hospice care back in SC. But I’m here for now that means it’s time to pillage with Captain Silver and today did not disappoint.

We headed to an early 1950s school close by that has 5-6 acres of space to hunt. Dirt Lizard met up with us also. The Captain did very well in the morning part of the hunt. My magic began after a quick Gatorade run around noon.

I had hunted for about 4 hours with just clad, wheats, and the ww2 collar pin (which is fully intact btw). I was about to give it up for the day. I headed back behind a ball field towards the car and hit a rosie. So I hung around that same area and kept hitting clad quarters. Got a 88-90 and thought it was a silver quarter. Out popped a large copper disc. Turned out to be a capped liberty large cent! My second oldest coin ever!

I kept going and got another great signal about 6 inches under really thick tree roots. I dug for about 15 mins and couldn’t manage to get it so I left it. As we were about to leave I had the Captain listen to it. It was worthy of excavation so he and Dirt Lizard helped me dig through the roots as I have a hurt left wrist. After about 5 minutes, we finally got a hit on the propointer. Out popped 4 silver dimes! My best silver spill ever!

It was a great hunt all around. Looking forward to the next!
fbbfc8e9df18eb6e5902d0123270d2df.heic
a5dd1e03b75fa3e20dfbf41cae2a49af.jpg
42a59b6f40c565de499fee37198fc7aa.heic
055acb6ac0b4b6cfa4c90cf111e42ec3.jpg
d289fda4f3e4c2cb0d2ab434ef6cb5a3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Capped Liberty in a random school yard? I hate you guys, :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Amazing hunt Mr. Bandit!

Haha yeah! The land was once a huge farm I believe. Late 1700s

A huge farmhouse and the only old house in the middle of 1950's suburbia...and it's over a half mile away from the school. Outstanding hunt today Jason, congrats on the 5 silvers, the collar disc and especially the L/C...told you it was a real early one!

A huge farmhouse and the only old house in the middle of 1950's suburbia...and it's over a half mile away from the school. Outstanding hunt today Jason, congrats on the 5 silvers, the collar disc and especially the L/C...told you it was a real early one!

Yeah cant believe it!! Glad I can make out the bust on it for sure

Outstanding hunt, Jason! Freaking liberty cap....what the ......

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hopefully Jason you can find more time to enjoy this hobby. i can just imaging the damage you would do Pirating a Pillaging Bruce's hunting grounds. Congrats on the the Silver spill and another great outing with Bruce. Trapper

Thanks so much everyone! And Trapper, I brought the trusty AT Pro along as I’m still learning the Equinox back home. This machine never lets me down!

Back
Top Bottom