• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ENDED 2nd Annual Pull-Tab Contest (Ends 12/15/15)

DirtyRob

Forum Supporter
First of all I want to thank everyone who sent in tabs for last year's contest. My son's class WON! I had so much fun watching his excitement each day he took in a bag or two of tabs to school. It was a wonderful teaching moment on many levels. (And a few of you found gold because of this!!!!!)

It's time for a repeat!

So it's time to start this year's contest. This year will be run differently and I hope smoothly. I made quite a few mistakes that will not happen this year.

So here it is.

Send me and Jonas your tabs. Send them NOW. PM me when you ship. I will contact you and confirm your address when I get them. We will send you your silver ASAP!

For new members, my son's school does an annual pop tab drive for charity. The tabs will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House and be dedicated in the name of a local sick child. In the process the school has a competition between the classes. 1st grade through 5th grade. Jonas is a 1st grader now and will be a 2nd grader when this contest will be over. The class winner gets a few different privileges but it's all about bragging rights.

This year will be run differently. So send in those tabs NOW!

EVERY package of tabs we get in the mail gets a SILVER dime. No limit on how many packages you can send. Please ship the cheapest way you can.

But here is where Jonas and myself are gonna have some fun with this. After we get the first 5 packages of tabs this year we will be giving out random silver EVERY week.

We are going to make a list with the members names as the packages come in. Then we use one of those computer random picking programs to pick out a winner. Hopefully I will learn how to do some video by then and record these.

Last year we had packages that cost some members as high as $17 or more. While others sent in smaller ones. So to be fair, the extra random silver awards will be weighted by the amount of postage you spent on the tabs to be shipped here.

My goal here is to buy silver with my clad finds this year and buy silver with it to give back to the GREAT members here! (last year I found about $130 in clad. So that's a goal to give back!)

Any postage up to $5 will get you (1) chance in EVERY random drawing we do.
Any postage up to $10 will get you (2) chances in EVERY random drawing we do.
Any postage over $10.01 will get you (3) chances in EVERY random drawing we do.

This is NOT a raffle! If you send us ANY pop-tabs we will send you a silver dime.

Jonas and myself are going to have fun sending extra silver for your help. As soon as we get 5 packages, the WEEKLY drawings will start.
PM me with any questions or the address to send the tabs. Get those tabs in the mail.
This contest will run until December 15th, 2015. Please send in those tabs before that date. The earlier we get them, the more weekly chances you have to win.

This is where I will post the member's names for the weekly drawings. If you have more than 1 chance in the drawing I will be adding a number to the end of your name. Like this DirtyRob, DirtyRob1, DirtyRob2,....etc.

Only have about half a quart zipper bag so far, will send it when it gets full. Pretty amazing last year, 20 gallons was a lot more than I imagined. Did they say how badly your son's class crushed the entire school? Should be interesting to see if the rest of the classes rise to the challenge this time.

I didn't worry about the shipping, the flat-rate boxes are self service, less hassle than waiting through line to have a clerk do it. Probably not a huge price difference, maybe a dollar, but worth saving 15-20 minutes or more sometimes.

Any word on how the school did against the other local schools?

Only have about half a quart zipper bag so far, will send it when it gets full. Pretty amazing last year, 20 gallons was a lot more than I imagined. Did they say how badly your son's class crushed the entire school? Should be interesting to see if the rest of the classes rise to the challenge this time.

I didn't worry about the shipping, the flat-rate boxes are self service, less hassle than waiting through line to have a clerk do it. Probably not a huge price difference, maybe a dollar, but worth saving 15-20 minutes or more sometimes.

Any word on how the school did against the other local schools?

The closest grade had less than half of what Jonas' grade had.

I had a HUGE rush of tabs late in December that swamped me. Not gonna happen this year.

I have a large bin I will be putting the tabs in. Pictures up soon!

I don't get out much, so I generally don't get many pulltabs... but would still like to contribute.

I don't get much clad either, but I'd like to donate some towards the contests. Do you take donations? You should set up a paypal or something...

I don't get out much, so I generally don't get many pulltabs... but would still like to contribute.

I don't get much clad either, but I'd like to donate some towards the contests. Do you take donations? You should set up a paypal or something...

That's a thought. You could always send us a coin or two to give away in the weekly drawings!

You can count me in Rob as soon as the frost leaves.

Great!!! Very glad your doing this contest again. My little girl loved the silver coin you sent her last year so count us in. We have half of a coffee jug full now and when its full we will send them... Me and her loves this contest so thank you very much for doing it again...

Count me in again. It'll be a little bit before I can send any but I will as soon as I can.

This is going to be awesome. Last year was a lot of fun, this year will be even better.

Went to a gospel singing at a church yesterday afternoon and I told everyone to about the pull tab contest and before I left they had all given me their tabs off their cans -- 25!

Went to a gospel singing at a church yesterday afternoon and I told everyone to about the pull tab contest and before I left they had all given me their tabs off their cans -- 25!

I'm gonna have to find you another cool coin for your efforts and enthusiasm!

THANKS!

I will probably be able to collect another Nesquick container mostly full. I am officially withdrawing from any prizes. You were the first to help me with the boat show and I was very grateful. Shipping for me is also free as my brother has a UPS account and since it was for charity he donated his extra money for it.

Another container will be started as soon as I see some GROUND!!!!

Back
Top Bottom