Coil Confusion

WTXdigger

Just joined. Great site. I'm relatively new to this great sport. Recently I purchased an MXT300 which comes with a 12" super coil. It seems to work great in the more open areas, but most of the places I get to hunt are pretty trashy. I'm looking for some advice from personal experience on the performance of the various smaller coils. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i used a 4x6 shooter coil on the 300 for trashy areas. It is great for getting around fences and aroud brushy areas.

The 5.3 is another option. I use both and the 5.3 gets a little better depth,less susceptible to mineralization/EMI...but not as good at target separation. Either would be a good choice as the differences don't show that strongly. (In my soil at least.)

Just joined. Great site. I'm relatively new to this great sport. Recently I purchased an MXT300 which comes with a 12" super coil. It seems to work great in the more open areas, but most of the places I get to hunt are pretty trashy. I'm looking for some advice from personal experience on the performance of the various smaller coils. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey neighbor......Welcome .... What the guy's mentioned above will be perfect for you.....I would like to add the Eclipse 6x10.... 95% of the time it stay's on my SV3........any of these would make that 12" retire...

My 6X10 stays on my MXT, if it's to trashy for that I will put on the little guy. The only time I use the Super 12 is field hunting or open non trashy sites. Also the 6X10 is great for the woods. No holes in the coil so no snags on ground stubble.

My 6X10 stays on my MXT, if it's to trashy for that I will put on the little guy. The only time I use the Super 12 is field hunting or open non trashy sites. Also the 6X10 is great for the woods. No holes in the coil so no snags on ground stubble.

Agree with Tim. 6x10 as primary, 4x6 (or 5.3) for extreme trash situations, and larger coil for open field (I use the 8x14 Deep Scan).

Back
Top Bottom