Pinpointers good for beach?

We used one on the beach once. It got sand in the switch and clogged it up.

Beaches are so easy to dig that a person really doesn't need one. :grin:

I don't

Long handled scoop is all you need .Pinpointer is better for grassy areas where your trying to disturb the ground as less as possible. I usaully scoop up some sand where the target is and dump it beside the hole . Then I run my detector over it and pinpoint it with the machine. Then I scoop where the target is signaling. Hope this helps.

Pinpointers work well on the beach and expedite the find as well as they do in dirt. No help in the water (the water washes the dirt away fast). I use a pinpointer at the beach...saves time. RickO

You can use one,but all you need is a long handed scoop.Once you get a target,pinpoint and take a scoop than see if it is still in the hole.If it is not ,it is in your scoop ,otherwise dig deeper.

Well, a sandscoop usually does the trick...most beach targets are 1-4 inches especially during the peak summer months... one scoop and you have your ring or coin :D

Unfortunately, were I live, we don't have to much sand. It's mostly rock. So I use my pinpointer all the time. We have a few places with sand, but even then there is a lot of mud too.
Sand beach-1.jpgSand beach-2.jpg

Its nice to find small targets like earrings that slip thru the holes in the scoop. Otherwise scoop and sift seems more efficient.

Back
Top Bottom