My trip to Destin, Florida

Marty115

I just came back from Destin, florida on a short 4 day vacation with some friends. We stayed at the Sandestin Resort area which is the private part of the Destin beaches. I brought the Sea Hunter and the GT to cover both areas. These beaches are some of the best beaches in the country, sugar sand, and crystal clear aqua beaches. I managed to get in about 20 hours of hunting about 1.5 hrs in the water and the rest was dry sand. In the water I only managed to recover a pair of glasses and the usual junk - few targets to say the least. The Gt nabbed a nice amount of change and I found 3 rings two silver and one toe ring. Found also a silver cross with a stainless steel chain. Could not believe the amount of pull tabs left on the beach along with cans and foil trash just beneath the sand. You have to dig it all. Because it was a private beach the amount of hunters was limited a great deal. Most bathers were not in the 70 deg water and the air temp was about 75-79; a little early for summer goodies. No gold but neverless, a fun time and great scenery. Another 10 degrees on the water and air and the targets should pick up considerably. For now back to the work grind! HH
Marty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,239
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,172
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,158
I may have to bust in there i don't live to far away. Great job on the silver!:aok:!!

Glad you got some reward for the hunt! I have not had any luck in that area but as you know getting on to the beach requires you stay at one of the hotels or condo's. The public beaches are few and hit hard. Not my favorite area in Florida. Congrats on getting some fun and sun!

Wow. Congrats! I have been to Dustin a few times. A very wealthy area. I have done Pensacola BeAch and hunted there and there were very few pull tabs etc. I heard they dredged Pensacola beach after the oil spill. Interesting how different the 2 areas compare
Maybe more wealthy folks hit Dustin! Lol

Great work. The big ring looks like a James Avery. Is it inscribed? if so, you'll get good resale on it.

You have a good eye. Both the knot ring and the filligree ring are of the James Avery collection selling for $59 and$69 each. I found them at his web site. Thanks for the info!
It was a fun hunt to say the least! Marty

Back
Top Bottom