Minelab X-Terra 9" Concentric 3Khz Coil Review

Surfchunker

Elite Member
Ordered it from Bart @ BBT and it came today so I went out for a few hours and had been spying a house built in 1900 that is about to be tore down for a truck stop and figured I better hit it. 2 zinc pennies and a 30-06 case after an 1.5 hour. so back to the Honey Hole and give it a real test cause I've been hitting it hard for a couple months, first target was a 40-42, oh that's a good number and out popped a lawnmowered quarter, no silver, oh snap, oh well time to move on and ended up pulling out 2 dimes, 5 pennies all copper and 2 were wheats, 45-52, and a hotwheel car in about an hour. most of them were in pretty trashy spots but the 3kHz I was able to hear them. Have to give the new coil 2 thumbs up.

I don't know whether or not he did, but I did. That coil found this little heart shaped Sterling charm w/gemstone, and the staining on the top link is from a piece of iron that was through it that crumbled away as I cleaned it.

It was about 6" deep, and gave a clear solid tone despite the presence of junk. 3kHz lights silver and copper right up!

04-30-13 Heart Pendant_1.jpg
04-30-13 Heart Pendant_2.jpg

Yes I found them amongst trash as stated in the next to last sentence. you could hear the trash but also the good targets too if you worked it slow.

I have a 3kHz coil also and haven't even had it out yet:roll: Actually the 7.5kHz has been so good to me that I am afraid I might curse myself by changing it out:lol:

if your looking for coins change it

Actually my soil here comes in at 20-35 according to the X70. I have found plenty of coins and in the last 3 hunts I have dug 4 rings,2 pendants, and one bracelet; everything was gold or silver except for one kid's ring. That's what I meant when I said that the 7.5kHz has been so good to me.:D
Will the 3kHz coil really do that much better in my soil here?:?:

mine runs in that range in places, put it on and go over places you've already hit and see what happens. bet you find more targets

week one review ... man this coil is da bomb. yesterday I went over the old farm spot I've hit twice already with the stock coil and pulled out a 35 Merc, 2 Indians in near mint condition, and a wheat, today I hit an old swimming pool area and found a silver St Christopher medal down 7" under a root with two nails also in the hole but it was iron, silver, iron clear as a bell ... if there is any goodies there it will find them.

You may have just convinced me to switch out the stock 7.5kHz and finally run the 3kHz this weekend:yes:
How deep were the finds with the 3kHz coil where you had already hunted with the 7.5?

never measured but probably 6" or so. but with the nails in there with it you can hear the good tones ... don't know if it goes any deeper but just hits the Higher Numbers better than the stock coil. same size just different Freq.

Man you guys are killing me and my Paypal account. I have the stocker 7.5 concentric and the 3 digger now. Now I'm just gonna have to have the 3 kHz concentric and the 7.5 dd. I'm gonna have to have a separate back pack just from coils soon. Quit talking about these things will ya?

Man you guys are killing me and my Paypal account. I have the stocker 7.5 concentric and the 3 digger now. Now I'm just gonna have to have the 3 kHz concentric and the 7.5 dd. I'm gonna have to have a separate back pack just from coils soon. Quit talking about these things will ya?
Just skip the 9" concentric, slaughter your PayPal account and get a 3kHz 15" Coiltek All Terrain if you want deep on coins.
Then invest in a good shovel....you'll need it.

Really, the 9" LF virtually lived on my machine except when I needed the separation of a DD. Now that I have two 3kHz DD coils I'm not sure that I'll use it again....but I might. :cool:

You men the coiltek 15 dd lf right? What about my trip to Virginia coming up with the hot soil. How do you think that 15" will do? I thought about just getting the 15 for now instead of the other two. Longhair you really are spending my money. Give me your thoughts.

You men the coiltek 15 dd lf right? What about my trip to Virginia coming up with the hot soil. How do you think that 15" will do? I thought about just getting the 15 for now instead of the other two. Longhair you really are spending my money. Give me your thoughts.
Nah. Just get the Digger for now. If separation is required it will do better. For open ground the 15" is hard to beat, but if trash density is high or you're hunting around brush/stubble the small closed bottom coil is a lot handier.

Back
Top Bottom