x-terra 705 vs 505

I think the 705 can take more coil combinations than the 505 but not sure what other differences.

I have the 505 and thought as you did. In hind sight the 705's features are worth it.

First of all there are three models in the current xterra series 305, 505, 705

305 can handle 2 coil freqs 7.5khz and 18.75khz

505 and 705 can handle 3khz 7.5khz 18.75khz

all have manual ground balance
one or more search settings
pinpointing
all metal mode

what sets the 705 apart is the prospecting mode the beach mode sizing pinpointing mode automatic ground traking and ground balance offset

I would recommend going to minelabs web site and reading Randy Hortons Ebook understanding your Xterra

These are very good machines for the money

Here's an Xterra comparison page.

Xterra Comparison Page.jpg

ground tracking is the best feature that is on the 705 really amazing machine once you get to know it. I have turned on the ground tracking and have never looked back. I cant say enough great things about this long hair really knows this machine so if you have a question I'm sure he would answer it for you

Love your avatar..btw....Can't wait till season 3.

I can't help but notice over $1000.00 in clad for the year, but only 1 silver coin. Are you just interested in clad? I am looking for a machine that can find me the silver.

Thank you so much I had a mistyping it should be 115 for my clad..I only hunt the beach in the dry sand and some wet sand so there really isn't many silver coins out there that are being dropped on the beach around my area. The 3khz coil on the x-terra is a killer some people have said it is a cheaper etrac silver killer. With the gold pack it is a gold killer as well so best of both world in one detector.

Back
Top Bottom