XP Deus and what it means for Minelab

Not to be a dork, but isn't Bluetooth just a proprietary protocol that operates on the 2.4 Ghz bandwidth? So even though it may not be using the Bluetooth protocol, it's still going to be susceptible to the same limitations and issues as BT.

It doesnt have the limitations or the issues of the BT. The wireless system, that the Deus uses is lagless and the range of signal reception distance is much better that the Bluetooth.:cool:

I don't think the 'lag', is in the Bluetooth protocol, it's in the digital signal processing, that converts the analog audio (voice) into a signal to be transmitted digitally. When using Bluetooth for talking on your cellphone, a small lag isn't an issue, and no reason to over design. The amount of lag does vary, but I believe it comes before transmission. I use Bluetooth, instead of corded headphones, my targets are where I dig, not off to the side.

Not everything can be used for what they weren't design to do. We tend to try to squeeze a little more out of most everything, forgetting there may be limitations.

Deus will probably hurt Fisher moreso than Minelab

Reading the european forums, it seems like alot of guys have both the minelab and deus units. Dont read much about Fisher over there. The deus and the Fisher units are both faster sweep and faster response units. If you like running that type of detector, they have some similiarities. The Minelabs appear to be deeper and slower. They are basically in a different class , if you will. It should be interesting what type of machine Dave Johnson ( Fisher engineer)comes up with to compete better with the deus.:?:

Would need a real head to head video comparo on the same masked targets.
Where the contestants have maybe 3 holes, each with different combinations of silver, clad, small gold, pulltabs and nails.
Do me a favor and bring a Cortes :D
Otherwise we really don't know.

Rudy, you can use the coil for some 15 hrs after a full charge and detector will work properly to the last drop of the voltage.
Dorado, Deus is not a gadget, I use it for some 20 mths now and that the most amazing detector I have ever had.

Denar, have you used the goldmax? how do you compare both? do you think the deus is deeper and has more sensitivity?

again, I hope other manufacturers take account of the nice portability of the deus and follow that way with some future models

I have thought long and hard about the Deus this winter, even joining their forum for more detailed information and decided this will not be on this years purchase for 2012 for one simple reason... it's not ready for surf hunts.

They need to hardwire an antenna from the coil so it can get in over a couple inces of water before it loses transmission. Until the maker offers this added equipment to the unit (which they will) you can only buy after market antennas (WIRE) :shock: or make it yourself.

Submarines can't talk on the radio unless they float an anttenna, Deus can't transmit from underwater so it's not a wader machine just yet. You can bet it's coming because it's a simple modification but for the money and to retain warranties I won't mod a 2000.00 machine for them and perhaps they won't wire such a beautiful wireless machine for me.... so I wait :roll: You really should be able to walk a 2K machine in foot of water with warranty.

Dorado, yes I have Used XP Golden MAXX Power and I am much in favour ot the Deus. You have GMP program in Deus which has more or less the same features, but you have a classic discrimination, while in Gold MAXX Power only iron elimination, you have a very precise ID, you can change frequency to 12, 8 or 4 kHz, you have more option of GB, no motion modes and plenty more. It is worth to pay some extra money to have one of the lightest and wireless detector.

I Own A Deus

Did some research and my E-Trac has nothing to worry about. Not as heavy as the E-Trac but also not as deep. The old silver is deep and I can't give up a couple of inches for a little less weight.

I have a Deus and it finds Victorian pennies at 15 inches, which is too deep really, if you don't want to spend an age digging a grotty old copper. The Deus is sharp, fast and feels as light as a walking stick! (to some that's a negative). It's fast to assemble and simple to configure I am genuinely happy with mine. I recommend it.

It's a 'keeper' ... until the next best thing.

Dorado, yes I have Used XP Golden MAXX Power and I am much in favour ot the Deus. You have GMP program in Deus which has more or less the same features, but you have a classic discrimination, while in Gold MAXX Power only iron elimination, you have a very precise ID, you can change frequency to 12, 8 or 4 kHz, you have more option of GB, no motion modes and plenty more. It is worth to pay some extra money to have one of the lightest and wireless detector.

that sounds cool, and no headphone cords getting caught when searching bellow trees
maybe I will try it some day, I'm not a big fan of too high-tech equipment, it seems a bit fragile to me, I may be wrong

You are wrong, it is very sturdy and it is user frienfly. I have bought mine 20 months ago and I regret that I have waited for some 7 months, because I also have had some reservations. Now I am going to have another Deus Lite as a back up. Go for it and you will not look back.

What is the XP finding that the etrac has over looked??

I want a detector for what it can find and for it's depth.

The weight, wireless and fast swinging option is great...for those who feel they need it.

But at the end of the day what is the XP finding in the ground that the Etrac couldn't. From everything I've read Etrac goes deeper.

1800 plus 500 for a coil. ummmm really?

What is the XP finding that the etrac has over looked??

I want a detector for what it can find and for it's depth.

The weight, wireless and fast swinging option is great...for those who feel they need it.

But at the end of the day what is the XP finding in the ground that the Etrac couldn't. From everything I've read Etrac goes deeper.

1800 plus 500 for a coil. ummmm really?

Maybe it is the speed of Xp Deus, that is helping it to find more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RwN_2502kg

Is it finding more or is it eliminating trash faster? Too me that's very important.

I'm not trying to be an Anti XP guy here. Just honestly want to know if I'm going to get a machine that will truly find better deeper targets than the Etrac.

For me a 1500 or 1800 investment is a buttload of money. I want to ask questions multiple times and buy once rather than the other way around. :D

I'd like to add that I will not be getting rid of my At Pro. I think it's a heck of a great machine. It's going to be a great back up as well as a machine my buddy can use when we go to hunting sites.

Joe

Is it finding more or is it eliminating trash faster? Too me that's very important.

I'm not trying to be an Anti XP guy here. Just honestly want to know if I'm going to get a machine that will truly find better deeper targets than the Etrac.

Joe

I would call it elimination by the sound and a secondary by the VDi numbers and if you can hear more targets, that perhaps could not be heard before, that are hiding amongs iron/trash and are able to dig them up, i would call it finding more.

Both the E-trac and Xp Deus are very good detectors, but they operate a little bit different.

Deus is not deeper that the E-trac with the stock coil, but i dont know about the bigger Xp coil.

Back
Top Bottom