To scrap or not to scrap porcelain copper tea pot?

That's a nice looking tea kettle. I wouldn't be in a hurry to scrap it just yet. Do a bit more research, and also see what that one on ebay finishes up at. That's the best advice I can give, but maybe someone else will have a better idea for you. Good luck with whatever your decide to do. : )

I like older stuff like that, if you'd like i'll give ya 15 bucks for it,,, but no ,I actually don't know anything about it or its value. Stuff like that just reminds me of my grandparents house, all the old stuff they had decorating their home. Then they lost everything in a flood back in "99...:no:

I like older stuff like that, if you'd like i'll give ya 15 bucks for it,,, but no ,I actually don't know anything about it or its value. Stuff like that just reminds me of my grandparents house, all the old stuff they had decorating their home. Then they lost everything in a flood back in "99...:no:

Thanks for the offer, but I think i'l keep it. Honestly, this came from my great-grandmas house. Before she moved out after my great-grandfather died, family members were aloud to take whatever we wanted. She just wanted everything gone so she insisted I take this teapot. Considering i dont drink tea im not sure what she thought i was suppose to do wit it so all it does now is collect dust in the shed. Maybe il move it to my room now though. Thanks for the comment though!

I guess im the sentimental type,, I feel a lot of the older generation would like to know that someone remembers them and their past , so many people are just all wrapped up in themselves these days , just thought I would make an offer, I didn't really expect for you to go for it , but I tried , I do think its a neat looking pot , enjoy

I wouldn't scrap it. The things I scrap are things that I know I won't be able to get fair value for. Sentimental value is hard to compete with and usually is much higher than MSRP :laughing:

Depending on the condition it's in, if you ever decide to sell it, you could surely get more selling than it's scrap value.

Back
Top Bottom