Which camera do you use?

40acre1870

Forum Supporter
For those of you who have seen some of my finds, you know that the pictures are terrible. I am using my blackberry, but would like to buy a cheap digital camera that takes good pictures with great detail.

Does anyone have any suggestions… what camera do you guys recommend.

Again I apologize for the poor quality of pictures I have been posting, but I can’t wait to share my finds with everyone. :D

Thanks,

Mike

I use a Panasonic DMC-FH20. It has great reviews for macro close ups and performs great for clear close ups. Most cameras have a Macro mode but they don't all perform the same.

Samsung Digimax U-CA505 5.0 Mega Pixels. A good camera but batteries are not available in the store CP1 (CP3553) 3V. I buy them online from a place called batteries & butter.

Nikon coolpix P4.. its probably 3 years old now, but still awesome. My trick is macro mode, with a peice of white paper over the flash for great coin closeups.

I would get on of those small Olympus Stylus cameras. I have one the 850. It's waterproof to 10' and 5' shockproof with 8 MP. It's the wife's and it's a great little go everywhere camera that come in many colors. I post my pics on here with an older Nikon Coolpix 4600. It's just so easy for me to use and it does close-ups well.

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 181
Canon G10. A real powerhouse: expensive. Optional equipment yet smaller than an SLR. Only downside is in lowlight situations image can be grainy.

Attachments

• Flowers 002.jpg
    Flowers 002.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 151
I would have to recommend the Panasonic Lumix LX3. I chose it over the Canon G10 (which is also great) because it's smaller, better in low light, has HD video, and does amazing macro pictures.

G10-vs-LX3.jpg

I post my pics on here with an older Nikon Coolpix 4600. It's just so easy for me to use and it does close-ups well.

That was/is my first digital camera. I've used the heck out of it over the past 4 years or so. The batteries are are getting a little hard to find (one rechargeable died a few weeks ago) and the memory card doesn't fit a lot of new computers. It's a "trooper" of a camera though and one reason I bought my new Nikon!!!

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom