Disability service dog tag. Small!

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
I'll make this short and sweet, I'm sick and with this sickness have the mental power of a intoxicated individual.

My friend discovered today that her dogs tags had apparently come off during a walk in the past couple of days. The neighbor came over and asked if the few tags their lawn mower picked up and threw. Sure enough they were, but three were missing. They looked today and found two of them but not the most important California state service dog tag..

I'm sick to a point I went to Starbucks after picking up my detector at home. Thought. Before I got there remember to put the backpack / carry bag in the truck. Had my at pro and carrot and digger in it!

Well I parked and walked right in not even remembering to put the detector in the cab, this area is semi ghetto more theft etc on quick easy grabs.
Luckily it was still there. I get to where the tag was believed to have
Been lost. In my sick no brain haze, I tried my pin pointer button for the power button, I check the batteries and swap them then realize wrong button(I have no. BRain power now ) figured ok I'm lame realized wrong button! So got it straight and powered up. I ground balance and start to swing. Two parkways and both front lawns (approx 20x20)x 2 nothing hitting hot (in swinging about 5 inches off ground)

So I figure visual check recheck even street nothing any lawns etc. I finally realize the ground balance button I'm hitting was the pinpoint button!(sick brain)
I kinda try and imagine the trajectory kinda csi style. So I decide left lawn first and I'll start closest to the sidewalk and swing along.(still about 5 inches off ground)one pass nothing, so I end up taking the second pass. About 6 feet along a weak very very short signal.. but a signal.. flashlight on push some
Grass around and there it is!! It was on the narrowest part facing up.

Also found a spot in pretty sure is hiding gold
Ring or a pull tab strong strong 50/51. I didn't
Dig it as it's the neighbors lawn(they were sleeping)Many many targets but I seriously think that one may be a ring.

Attachments

• IMG_3023.jpg
    IMG_3023.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 400
Wow...Considering the circumstances, thats a pretty good write up there Pup!

Back in the day, we called this strange yet passing phenomenon "Not firing on all 8"... In reference to an automobile engine...One of those days that is just not 'right'...always due to some sort of malady, like you are operating in a dream world, a half second behind real time...you turn your head, and it takes a half second for your eyes to catch up? I suppose now a days it would be referred to as being a 'few bars short of a tower' perhaps...

Anyway, operating out in public trying to work or hunt or drive while deep in the embrace of this illness induced dream state, things either go really well or really bad...Its certainly not the time to be fooling around with a chainsaw or driving in heavy traffic...if a guy has to work, its best to do some meaningless repetitive task that requires no focus...like insulating an attic or baling hay...

Some days I get up, 'bout twice/yr. I guess, and I KNOW...I'm 'not firing on all 8' so I gotta take it slow and be very very careful and be extra super attentive, or else just go back to bed, or better yet, call in sick and go detect someplace peaceful and easy...seems to be anyway...your mind cant focus and is sort of in neutral as you wobble around trying to break a fever or something..

I dont particularly enjoy it, but it does put a person in a whole new and unfamiliar mental realm that favors this simple Sport...go slow...get better...be careful...best wishes!
Mud

Wow...Considering the circumstances, thats a pretty good write up there Pup!

Back in the day, we called this strange yet passing phenomenon "Not firing on all 8"... In reference to an automobile engine...One of those days that is just not 'right'...always due to some sort of malady, like you are operating in a dream world, a half second behind real time...you turn your head, and it takes a half second for your eyes to catch up? I suppose now a days it would be referred to as being a 'few bars short of a tower' perhaps...

Anyway, operating out in public trying to work or hunt or drive while deep in the embrace of this illness induced dream state, things either go really well or really bad...Its certainly not the time to be fooling around with a chainsaw or driving in heavy traffic...if a guy has to work, its best to do some meaningless repetitive task that requires no focus...like insulating an attic or baling hay...

Some days I get up, 'bout twice/yr. I guess, and I KNOW...I'm 'not firing on all 8' so I gotta take it slow and be very very careful and be extra super attentive, or else just go back to bed, or better yet, call in sick and go detect someplace peaceful and easy...seems to be anyway...your mind cant focus and is sort of in neutral as you wobble around trying to break a fever or something..

I dont particularly enjoy it, but it does put a person in a whole new and unfamiliar mental realm that favors this simple Sport...go slow...get better...be careful...best wishes!
Mud

Thanks and yea I'm trying to get this to go away. I have been sick since the 22nd ish of December.. really really tired of being sick.
Not firing on all 8 has been on and off but when it's been happening it's been a ride HAHA.

I talked to the neighbor last night and mentioned the either old pull tab or possible ring (solid solid 50 51) he asked me why I didn't dig it. I laughed and told him because it was HIS lawn, also it was 9ish and I knew they were in bed.
Didn't want to wake them to ask.
He said him and his cousin might grab his dads detector and try to find it. I gave him the rough area I had the hit.
He was saying didn't want to tear up his lawn, of course I explained and suggested he google metal detecting how to dig a plug lol.
Told him if he finds it I want to see it and get a pic since I haven't found a ring yet.

So we shall see..

Last edited:
Well, #1 I think there is something wrong with my carrot for sure. I kept getting the random triggers and sounds like there is metal in range even when there isn't. I may just be out of warranty. But I think I'll have to contact Garrett and see about getting it inspected.

#2 well I finally have been feeling some what better the past couple of days.
My neighbor texted and mentioned he wanted me to come over and check out that signal we found. Well I finally made it over and guess what It was
..... a rusty screw with a solid 50/51 signal.
Go figure lol!

Back
Top Bottom