It Came! V3i from Myers Detectors.

CoiltoSoil

Elite Member
Just received the package from UPS. I decided to go with a factory certified unit from Whites after talking to Phil from Myers Detectors. This thing looks incredible, it comes from the factory with a full warranty, it looks brand new, and they must replace the accessories with new ones as well since the charger, cradle all come in new wrapping, the main unit looks like all new housing as well and the coils must also be replaced with new ones. It also came with brand new ProStar headphones which are $100+ as well as a new Whites backpack Phil threw in for free after i asked a few questions about it. I'm not allowed to use it until Christmas but I had a few minutes to take some pics and drool over it. :D I'd suggest factory certified to anyone looking to buy one, they're priced well below a new one (about the same as most privately owned used ones) but offer so much more. I never heard of factory certified units before but they are worth checking out for those of us who can't afford new ones and are looking to save a few hundred dollars. Also Phil's an A+ seller and had the best deal's I've seen by far on them.

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 290
  • photo(4).JPG
    photo(4).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 289
  • photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    112 KB · Views: 288
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 290
Nice. I've never had a problem with refurbished or recertified electronics. I always make sure there is some sort of return policy, avoid no warranty. Usually, recertified, means it's checked, and brought up to current factory specifications (upgraded if needed). Get a more reliable product, for less money.

Nice. I've never had a problem with refurbished or recertified electronics. I always make sure there is some sort of return policy, avoid no warranty. Usually, recertified, means it's checked, and brought up to current factory specifications (upgraded if needed). Get a more reliable product, for less money.

Yep, I've bought a few re-certified electronics in the past including the laptop I'm on now and never had an issue, but wasn't aware detector companies did it. Whites is a great company anyway, especially with warranty issues but they also do a great job repackaging these factory certified units, I basically received a brand new detector for about $200-300 less, i definitely wasn't expecting that considering I've seen most well worn used one are selling for the same price.

If Whites buys back a detector even if it has never opened or used it can't be sold again as new. Some re-manufactured V3I are actually new.

Jim, Glad you like it. I must say a would have a tough time waiting until Christmas. HH and Merry Christmas, phil

It's likely a new machine someone sent back. Probably used 5 minutes. Whites is top notch.

Jim, Glad you like it. I must say a would have a tough time waiting until Christmas. HH and Merry Christmas, phil

haha you're not kidding Phil, Luckily it's not being wrapped until tomorrow so I'm about to go sneak in a few minutes with it and try adding a program and do an air test.

It's likely a new machine someone sent back. Probably used 5 minutes. Whites is top notch.

Yeah they are, they've always been loyal to their customers and I've been pleased with every White's detector I've owned which made the V3i decision easy, well initially the VX3 but I couldn't pass up this deal for the V3i for a few dollars more you get a lot more.

Congrats on your new machine! You will love the V3i. It has so many features that are really nice. I like the polar plot on mine. Good luck with yours and happy hunting. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

haha you're not kidding Phil, Luckily it's not being wrapped until tomorrow so I'm about to go sneak in a few minutes with it and try adding a program and do an air test.

Set up a program in 3 frequency mode, correlate data, 99 recovery speed, 5khz bandpass filter, accept all VDIs, hot rock and bottle cap reject off, search audio mixed mode. Then turn rx gain and disc/all metal sensitivity as high as you can.

That is essentially how my beach program is set up, except I have salt mode on, but for land you don't need salt mode.

Hits coins really deep. :D

Set up a program in 3 frequency mode, correlate data, 99 recovery speed, 5khz bandpass filter, accept all VDIs, hot rock and bottle cap reject off, search audio mixed mode. Then turn rx gain and disc/all metal sensitivity as high as you can.

That is essentially how my beach program is set up, except I have salt mode on, but for land you don't need salt mode.

Hits coins really deep. :D

What does the 5khz BP filter do?

What does the 5khz BP filter do?

It is the deepest of the filters. Going from 5khz band pass to 12khz high pass is a few inches of depth lost.

Higher the recovery speed number the better the response you will get on deeper targets, but too high and it starts to effect how close you can see 2 targets that are near each other.

Correlate mode over best data because I've found that it gives a more consistent and accurate target ID.

Mixed mode because it is all metal and disc at the same time, and all metal is a few inches deeper than disc on the V3i. The V3i gives VDI numbers past the depth that disc mode beeps at... so often times on real deep targets only the VCO of all metal will rise, and you will get a VDI number but no disc tone.

I though it was only a 3 frequency MD and with only 3 a BP filter really doesn't make sense to me. Now a multi frequency MD like those Minelab models then a BP would make sense.

from what i herd

The V3i has 3 frequencies , with the ability to run all 3, or 1 at a time, maybe the 5 kHz filter gives you the option to use just that frequency for more depth, which is a good frequency for coin's, next relics, than gold, or scan all 3.Coiltosoil it's a real nice day , I would get out their, and tell your better half , day's like this in late December are to great to pass up, metal detecting with that machine, happy hunting, will wait for fine's posting's tonight,:yes::lol:, Earl

The V3i has 3 frequencies , with the ability to run all 3, or 1 at a time, maybe the 5 kHz filter gives you the option to use just that frequency for more depth, which is a good frequency for coin's, next relics, than gold, or scan all 3.

Exactly what I am thinking and why I asked what the three frequencies are as I lay odds 5khz is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom