My Minelab mind is just having a hard time with the Deus LOL

Jack Flynn

Elite Member
Good lawd! Minelab imbedded in my brain isn't letting the Deus in............................been trying for over a month now. Help! LOL

LOL:laughing: Your brain has been highjacked by the minelab language.It may take a few months or it may never happen.Good luck
p.s.
I use a F75 and I'am thinking about trying an etrac, my brain will probably thank me.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the Deus. I am also coming from the E-trac and it has been an adjustment. The Deus speaks a whole different language but I am getting a handle on it and really like being able to swing all day without pain. I believe there are pros and cons to all detectors and you just have to choose what you are giving up compared to what you are getting. Personally, I don't know that I am missing much with the Deus. I dug an 8 inch silver quarter and other high end machines could not keep a good signal on it including the 3030. I am pretty sure that there would be certain situations that the results might be the opposite and in the end it's all about personal preference and hunting technique. I am a fast hunter and like to cover lots of ground. The Deus is a good fit for me. If you like to hunt slow and you don't mind the weight then the E-trac might be the best for you. It is definitely a good machine.

I personally think the Deus is a better detector. I owned them both at the same time and the E Trac is gone. I do quite a bit of my hunting in iron polluted sites and the Deus can sniff out the good stuff better inmy opinion.

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the Deus. I am also coming from the E-trac and it has been an adjustment. The Deus speaks a whole different language but I am getting a handle on it and really like being able to swing all day without pain. I believe there are pros and cons to all detectors and you just have to choose what you are giving up compared to what you are getting. Personally, I don't know that I am missing much with the Deus. I dug an 8 inch silver quarter and other high end machines could not keep a good signal on it including the 3030. I am pretty sure that there would be certain situations that the results might be the opposite and in the end it's all about personal preference and hunting technique. I am a fast hunter and like to cover lots of ground. The Deus is a good fit for me. If you like to hunt slow and you don't mind the weight then the E-trac might be the best for you. It is definitely a good machine.

Ran an ETrac for 3 years! GT, Excalibur's....... The FBS and BBS machines speak to ya. I feel like I'm beeping and digging with nada clue to what might be there. Well I really am doing that. I hunt by ear and you about have to watch the TID. I've dug more cans and rusty can lids in the last couple of hours than I have in 4 years using ML's. Maybe I just need to trade it off for a 3030 to someone who can't use it! I burn the barn down with Minelabs.

Ran an ETrac for 3 years! GT, Excalibur's....... The FBS and BBS machines speak to ya. I feel like I'm beeping and digging with nada clue to what might be there. Well I really am doing that. I hunt by ear and you about have to watch the TID. I've dug more cans and rusty can lids in the last couple of hours than I have in 4 years using ML's. Maybe I just need to trade it off for a 3030 to someone who can't use it! I burn the barn down with Minelabs.

I think that if you are more comfortable with the Minelab machines then that's exactly what you ought to do. Life is too short and these detectors are too expensive to not have what you want. I just wish I had another E-trac to trade you. I haven't regretted trading my E-trac with 3 coils for a new Deus and would do it again in a heartbeat. The 3030 is a nice machine. I have a friend that has one and he likes it even though I did kick his butt with the Deus last time we were out.

That's exactly why I believe in sticking to one unit and knowing it well... because people who have three very different detectors might think they know them at a high level, but really don't.

That's exactly why I believe in sticking to one unit and knowing it well... because people who have three very different detectors might think they know them at a high level, but really don't.

I'll disagree with you on that one. The GT, Excal's, and the ETrac all gave feedback. I know the very very well.

Liking the language of your detector is very important. I like the tones of the Deus more than the flute of the Minelabs. I guess it is an individual thing.

Back
Top Bottom