1854-O Seated Half Dollar

Wow! A seated half, just wow! It's in amazing shape too. Go Sue!!!
Thanks....

SAAAWEEEET! Half dollar!
Thanks

That's a rare find, congrats.
Thank You

Beautiful !
Thanks....

Very very nice hunt!!! That half is beautiful...

BCD
Thank You

Congrats to the both of you on the day's digs...the clad, sterling rings and especially the Seated Half...outstanding hunt!
Thanks, probably our best hunt of the year

That’s a lot of clad,definitely a good day..That half dollar is a big time bucket lister,,Congrats
Thanks, the clad kept us busy all day

Wow congrats on a fantastic hunt to both of you!
Thanks....it was fun !

That seated half would make my year. Congrats!
Mine too, but I'm happy for Sue that she found it

Wow! What an awesome way to start the hunt! Cool tokens as well
Thanks.....who would guess that a first hit would be a seated coin?

What a beautiful half! Congrats to you all on the great finds!
Thank you.....

Congrats on the finds, and especially on the Seated Half! :detector:
Thanks

Wow a seated half!!! Was that the only old coin dug there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The next "oldest" coin was a 1954 nickel.....A hundred years apart !

I just drooled on my screen :laughing: Awesome recovery
Thank you

One of these days...:wow:I'm still looking for my first seated coin in 36 years of hunting. This is her third since 2011 !

Congrats.

That SHD is in gorgeous condition! A Seated half is on my bucket list,right at the top,along with a trime....HEY! A guy can dream,right?:lol:
Tell this “Sue” that finding that coin is something ALL of us dream about,even the guys and girls who have already found one or more. It is INCREDIBLY hard to scare one of those up,she should be VERY proud of that accomplishment.
Fantastic hunting with the rest of it! So many targets,so few hours...:grin:
Thank you, Sue is definitely proud of her find. The clad was popping out of the ground at a really fast clip.

Nice looking half. I found that same ring on the right a couple years ago here in Washington.
The turquoise ring has a hallmark indicating it was sold at Bell Trading Post to tourists as a souvenir.

Beautiful coin, I can only dream or live vicariously through members here!

Congrats!
We all dream of finds like this , hopefully your dream will come true someday

Wow! Nice Seated half! Congrats to you and Sue on a great hunt!
Thank Ron, it was definitely fun and probably our best hunt of the year.

Very nice! I found the exact coin a few years back. It was in very similar condition also.

Congrats to both Sue and you on some fine hunting. The seated half is really nice. Continued good luck to both of you. Not hunting right now as I have some health problems and it's been cold, windy, and lots of rain. Hope to get out soon. GL & HH.

Congrats to you both on some great Clad totals, the Sterling Rings and a great find in the Seated Half Dollar. That is a really good looking coin. Trapper

Very nice! I found the exact coin a few years back. It was in very similar condition also.
Thanks...is the one you found shown on your avatar?

Nice saves, Congrats
Thank You

Congrats to both Sue and you on some fine hunting. The seated half is really nice. Continued good luck to both of you. Not hunting right now as I have some health problems and it's been cold, windy, and lots of rain. Hope to get out soon. GL & HH.
Thank You, the weather here has been pretty bad lately with wind, rain, and unseasonably cold temps too. Hope your health problems go away soon.

Beautiful half, wow!
Thanks

Congrats to you both on some great Clad totals, the Sterling Rings and a great find in the Seated Half Dollar. That is a really good looking coin. Trapper

Thanks...….I guess it didn't see much use before being lost.

Congrats to both on a great hunt!!! Love the seated!!!
Thanks...the good hunts have been few and far between this year so it was nice to have such a good one.

Yes it’s the one in my avatar. You can scroll back to my post a few years ago to see when I found it. There are better pics so you can see how similar the conditions of the 2 are.

Thats outstanding performance on all counts! Really great post and pics there D4C! You know, thats a nice haul of clad that is enough to buy some heavy old silver! Yet a Wild found N'Orleans Seated Half is a real trophy as well...Especially as pristine and gorgeous as THAT one is!

And then the rings...You and Sue seems to be a good complementary Hunting couple, on the same wavelength, and thats rare indeed!!...I guess you two should keep at this? I think thats where your real treasure is...

WOW what a great hunt....that half is jaw dropping beautiful.
Thank You....

Yes it’s the one in my avatar. You can scroll back to my post a few years ago to see when I found it. There are better pics so you can see how similar the conditions of the 2 are.
They do look quite similar.

Wow that seated half is in AMAZING condition!! She will never forget that dig!!
Thank You....Sue's find will be a pleasant memory for quite a while.

Thats outstanding performance on all counts! Really great post and pics there D4C! You know, thats a nice haul of clad that is enough to buy some heavy old silver! Yet a Wild found N'Orleans Seated Half is a real trophy as well...Especially as pristine and gorgeous as THAT one is!

And then the rings...You and Sue seems to be a good complementary Hunting couple, on the same wavelength, and thats rare indeed!!...I guess you two should keep at this? I think thats where your real treasure is...
Thanks, Mud. Sue IS the real treasure. We've been together since 2000....she started detecting in 2011 and loves the hobby. I'm confident that we'll continue hunting until we're just plain too old:laughing: My clad will DEFINITELY be used to buy more silver and/or gold at year's end.

A couple great days for sure! The Seated Liberty Half Dollar is awesome!
Thanks, Ken.....one of our best hunting weekends for sure ! It's Sue's THIRD seated coin, second this year.
Me?....I've been hunting for 36 years and my NEXT one will be my FIRST one:laughing:

Fantastic report! I would think with that big seated being her first target dug, the rest of the hunt must have been a bit disappointing...but only slightly, because the day has already been made. Congrats on that, and the double sterling digs, and all that clad.

Fantastic report! I would think with that big seated being her first target dug, the rest of the hunt must have been a bit disappointing...but only slightly, because the day has already been made. Congrats on that, and the double sterling digs, and all that clad.
Thanks, Sue said that even if she didn't find anything else the day would have been a success. Nevertheless finding all the clad, tokens and the rings made the rest of the day a lot of fun too.

I certainly hope there was a dance that followed the appearance of that half!! Just seeing that thing makes me want to boogie! Great hunt and congratulations to all!

Wow the whole thing was a great hunt. I personally love to find a real good item first thing. Pumps me up to hunt harder and longer and keeps me happy the rest of the hunt.

Good God, that's a find of a lifetime!

And in a public park no less, I can't imagine how that thing got missed for all these years.

HUGE Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom