Found a wallet missing since 1978! Unfortunately...

FreeBirdTim

Elite Member
Deep in the woods today "enjoying" the crisp 37 degree weather. Only one exciting find worth noting. Got a 55 signal, started to dig and hit something solid right away. Yup, it was a very rotted wallet!

First thing I found when I opened it up was a 700 Club member card from 1978. Next thing I spotted was a calendar from 1977 in the photo sleeve section of the wallet. Then I opened up the change purse compartment and found jack squat! No bills anywhere in the wallet, either. No driver's license, credit cards or photos. What a rip!

My guess is someone stole the wallet and took all the good stuff. Then they tossed it into the woods. The address listed on the card is about 500 feet from where I found it. Still a cool find, though. Better luck next time!

Attachments

• DSCN0760 (2).jpg
    DSCN0760 (2).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCN0764 (2).jpg
    DSCN0764 (2).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCN0766 (2).jpg
    DSCN0766 (2).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 508
Not even sure she is still alive. One website listed her as a registered voter in my town, but stated she was born in 1925. That would make her 94 years old! I'll try to confirm that info, but I'm not going to bother her with this find. No point, since there's nothing left to return.

Cool find ! Being it appeared she was deep into her religion , she may have lived a life not filled with bad habits and still be alive .I'd look into it you could possibly make a new friend that could tell you a lot about the local history .

Back
Top Bottom