Coinstar Comeuppance!

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
I normally walk by the coinstar when leaving the store and peek into the thing, and never have seen any coin in there.

Well, that changed today! I saw two coins in the reject bin. Thinking I was really lucky and really slick, I picked them up to see what they were.

Well, it was just two junky zincs, and the dang things STUCK to my fingers!!! :shock: :gaah:

I think they came out of some kid's sticky little hands as they were sticky like they'd been handled by a kid who was eating cotton candy or some darn thing

Instead of coming away with some awesome find, I ended up setting the sticky zincs on the top of the machine once I got them unstuck, and went slinking off to my truck all mortified that I'd been stung, & stuck! :lol::lol::laughing:

So much for being slick, as far as that goes I think I just had an epic coinstar fail. :crying: :lol::lol:

Hey, just remember to bring some latex gloves and a plastic baggie next time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Save those icky coins, look at it as a challenge to clean, do before/after pics, don't want to possibly miss out on a valuable coin :lol:

So next time, (with your latex gloves) look in the Coinstar reject tray for those "diamonds in the rough" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

coinstar_coins.jpg

Can you say, "bio-hazard"? :yikes: :sos: :sadbye::digginahole::chaplin::crying:

I know, ewwww!!! :heartylaugh:

Sorry, but that's funny......:lol: (Keep looking though...:yes:)

Oh, it was funny but in a disgustingly funny kinda way! I'll look but not sure I'll touch again unless it's something really good :rofl:

Hey, just remember to bring some latex gloves and a plastic baggie next time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Save those icky coins, look at it as a challenge to clean, do before/after pics, don't want to possibly miss out on a valuable coin :lol:

So next time, (with your latex gloves) look in the Coinstar reject tray for those "diamonds in the rough" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

View attachment 388784

:tissue::laughbounce::funnyup::laughing::laughing:

Ive only had one coinstar payout. Looked in hundreds with zero coins. Then one day I went in a store called Winn Dixie and found the change return jammed when I reached inside. Pulled out like 18 bucks. Havent found a coin since:?:

Ive only had one coinstar payout. Looked in hundreds with zero coins. Then one day I went in a store called Winn Dixie and found the change return jammed when I reached inside. Pulled out like 18 bucks. Havent found a coin since:?:

Go figure! You were pretty lucky to be the one who un-jammed it.

I remember Winn Dixie, we used to have them here I think, or maybe that was Piggly Wiggly's... :?:

The local SuperWalmart unknowingly had a vagabond camped out behind the Coinstar. Poor guy was living off the rejects and was doing well, fully supporting his habits until a Coinstar traygrabber turned him in, oh the humanity! When it comes down to it, I guess we really don't need this kind of competition. :no:

I have a now and then talk to friend. He always says he has a secret spot now and then he finds something. I think its the Coinstar machine in a particular location.
I pass by those machines every week, never see a cent in the reject tray. There's probably a number of campers hanging about just waiting to do a Vulture.

And you dig in the dirt?

Ha, I'm a farm kid, dirt's clean compared to some random unknown sticky junk :lol:

The local SuperWalmart unknowingly had a vagabond camped out behind the Coinstar. Poor guy was living off the rejects and was doing well, fully supporting his habits until a Coinstar traygrabber turned him in, oh the humanity! When it comes down to it, I guess we really don't need this kind of competition. :no:

Holy cow, poor guy! I'd just let him have those reject coins, dang!

I have a now and then talk to friend. He always says he has a secret spot now and then he finds something. I think its the Coinstar machine in a particular location.
I pass by those machines every week, never see a cent in the reject tray. There's probably a number of campers hanging about just waiting to do a Vulture.

Probably so, can you imagine trying to be the first one to swoop in! :lol:

I had one great coinstar payday. a handful of French large pennies from the 1800's and one US civil war store token. I have found the new 2017 Canadian (I live in Canada) dimes get rejected so I have been buyin my coffee with new shinny rejected dimes this last month.

:lol: I've found a lot of stuck together coins in the reject bin, some are pretty gross.

:lol: Yuck :lol:

I had one great coinstar payday. a handful of French large pennies from the 1800's and one US civil war store token. I have found the new 2017 Canadian (I live in Canada) dimes get rejected so I have been buyin my coffee with new shinny rejected dimes this last month.

That sounds a way lot better than sticky Zincolns! :yes:

The only two times I've ever found anything in a coinstar was a wheaty at my local bank. The second one was when I noticed a dime right in front of the machine and it turned out to be from 1963 when I picked it up. Not sure if that counts though since it wasn't technically in the reject bin.

Friends......it happened to me today. I saw the light and now am a believer :laughing:

I always thought these coinstar silver scores were sketchy. I was just getting lunch at the grocery store and used the self checkout right next to the coinstar. While waiting for my receipt, I looked over at the reject bin and saw some coins, which NEVER happens. Not only have I never found anything in them, i never even see coins in that slot. Today that changed. I pulled out a handful of mostly canadian junk but mixed in was a 64' rosey. FREE SILVER!!!!

Amazing! I can buy and sell these coins by the bag full and not get excited. i find one single silver dime for free and get all fired up :laughing:

The only two times I've ever found anything in a coinstar was a wheaty at my local bank. The second one was when I noticed a dime right in front of the machine and it turned out to be from 1963 when I picked it up. Not sure if that counts though since it wasn't technically in the reject bin.

I'd say that counts!

Friends......it happened to me today. I saw the light and now am a believer :laughing:

I always thought these coinstar silver scores were sketchy. I was just getting lunch at the grocery store and used the self checkout right next to the coinstar. While waiting for my receipt, I looked over at the reject bin and saw some coins, which NEVER happens. Not only have I never found anything in them, i never even see coins in that slot. Today that changed. I pulled out a handful of mostly canadian junk but mixed in was a 64' rosey. FREE SILVER!!!!

Amazing! I can buy and sell these coins by the bag full and not get excited. i find one single silver dime for free and get all fired up :laughing:

:lol: Well that's just awesome, can't dislike free anything these days! Glad you got that and not what I got. Good going! :laughing:

With all the other coin-star hunters in my neighbor hood anymore,
If I find something or nothing at all.........

I like to leave a pull tab a bottle cap or a pencil eraser in the return slot
as a calling card saying; " :p I BEAT YOU TOO IT ! :p "

With all the other coin-star hunters in my neighbor hood anymore,
If I find something or nothing at all.........

I like to leave a pull tab a bottle cap or a pencil eraser in the return slot
as a calling card saying; " :p I BEAT YOU TOO IT ! :p "

:laughing::laughing: That's a great idea! An actual use for pull tabs! awesome... :laughing::laughing:

If I see someone using the coinstar I have to goto the magazines and wait like a Red tail falcon eyeing the next meal. When they leave I'm swooping in quick!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom