CTX 3030 nulling.... Embarrassed that I don't know

NectarDetector

Forum Supporter
Okay so here's the deal I'm using a modified coins program on the CTX 3030 I was running Ferris coin sometimes....high trash other times... the problem is half the time my 3030 nulls out n goes silent. .. so I spend more time waiting for it to catch up than anything what am I doing wrong? Wth

Auto +3, 50 tone conductive, gb and noise cancel

Another question is that when you ground balance to CTX 3030 ...you check Enable GB ... and then begin ground balance however while reading the book has stated that while having ground GB enabled has been selected that the ground balance will be set for the ground beneath the coil where the ground balance routine was performed and remain fixed at that value until the process is repeated the GB enable option should only be used in areas of extremely high mineralisation and if the CTX 3030 starts erratic and chatters when you leave the site that is troublesome be sure to disengage the GB enable function

So does that mean that I should probably turn off the ground balance enable?.

The book also states that running with a threshold will allow you to hear when the 30 nulls out as the coil passes over targets that fall in the rejected region if you're running with any degree of discrimination..BUT it's still nulls out a bunch even with no discrimination what gives?

Why would it also null out with zero discrimination running...when nothing's being discriminated...

Last edited:
I would turn enable GB off unless you're hunting in very bad ground. Enabling it when its not needed can actually hurt performance. FBS detectors don't need to be ground balanced like most other machines. In most cases all you really need to do is noise cancel and go.

When I get a lot of nulling I reduce discrimination and slow way down. With discrimination, you will still get some nulling but slowing your sweep down to a crawl will help separate the accepted targets from the rejected ones. As for nulling with no discrimination, it could be that the detector is hitting on something very tiny or right at the edge of its detection field and struggling to process the proper ID & tone. Thats just a guess. When running with zero disc in the trashy areas I hunt, its usually so noisy that I just hear constant iron grunts, which I'm used to.

You should be running with gb disabled ever time the ground changes you will get a null because it was set to a different spot to stop the nulling you have to rebalance it again .

So that is why they say to run it without gb enabled . I have never use gb but then again my soil is not highly mineralized . sube

Nectar,,,scrub the manual GB,,,meaning do 't have the enable GB box checked.

You can play with it when you get more use to the unit.

I read your post,,,try this,,, go to exchange 2,,,,create a pattern you like,,,from about ferrous line 25 and down,,assign a low tone.
This is the biggest difference between CTX and etrac,,, you can run combine mode,,,with no disc.

This way threshold will not drop out when you hit iron.

50 tone conductive is more like how the etrac was set up.

Using combined mode,,,you can select bins,,,meaning you can have nickel hit with same tone as silver.

Appreciate the tips, and will try 'em. I've only had the 30 for a few hunts, so obviously experience combined with the book I am getting a better understanding of the machine, but I really appreciate you guys helping with tips, ideas and suggestions... appreciate you guys who have replied, thanks TN...:cool:

Appreciate the tips, and will try 'em. I've only had the 30 for a few hunts, so obviously experience combined with the book I am getting a better understanding of the machine, but I really appreciate you guys helping with tips, ideas and suggestions... appreciate you guys who have replied, thanks TN...:cool:

You are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom