F70 Manual Ground Balance??

pine3874

Elite Member
Is there a way to manually ground balance a F70? If not, then that would make it impossible to run the machine slightly positive or negative as some like to run their machines. It would also limit the control over ground balancing in a salt environment.

Is there a way to manually ground balance a F70? If not, then that would make it impossible to run the machine slightly positive or negative as some like to run their machines. It would also limit the control over ground balancing in a salt environment.

Kinda.
If you have the right material to GB over handy.
I have a hot rock I keep around where I can balance over it and get that number way low under 10 if needed to help if I ever have a chance to go hunting in salt water.
The manual says it will balance all the way down to salt but tinfoil posted how to hunt in salt with the F75 and it entails getting that GB number really low.
Other trash targets can help you balance slightly higher or lower than the unit will automatically get you to.
Just have to experiment to see what works...otherwise no other manual way to do it.

I find the GB numbers are usually pretty optimum when the machine does it for most conditions so I never really worry about it.

I am glad I opened this thread.

I realize the F70 and F75 detectors are somewhat related,,,but I didn't realize the F70 lacks the same capability as F75 as far as manual ground balancing goes.

I did look at the manual online..

Thanks for sharing.

I am glad I opened this thread.

I realize the F70 and F75 detectors are somewhat related,,,but I didn't realize the F70 lacks the same capability as F75 as far as manual ground balancing goes.

I did look at the manual online..

Thanks for sharing.

As stated for me, and my really crazy hot iron infused dirt, a non issue because where it gets me seems to be right.
Same in the better soil in the Midwest, I got deep and it worked good.

If you want to mess with this setting there is always a workaround if you use logic and common sense but except for dealing with salt environments, if even that, I don't miss the manual adjustment capabilities of the flagship.

Back
Top Bottom