AT Pro - VDI 42-48

slag

Elite Member
I've never, ever, ever, ever found anything good in that VDI range. Everything that has a nice mellow tone, consistent with each pass and from different angles, has always, ALWAYS turned out to be trash. 99% of the time its shredded aluminum can.

Anyone here ever found anything good at that VDI range? I wish I could disc out up to 50 because I've never found anything worth a hoot below 50.

Only 8 gold rings so far this year under 50...

I am willing to bet over 85% of rings that are worth over $1000 ring up under 50.... Almost all engagement rings come in under 50....

<*)))>{

You can't disc those numbers out but if you want you can notch them out...

I've found a couple decent things in those numbers, mainly just small buttons..

I've never, ever, ever, ever found anything good in that VDI range. Everything that has a nice mellow tone, consistent with each pass and from different angles, has always, ALWAYS turned out to be trash. 99% of the time its shredded aluminum can.

Anyone here ever found anything good at that VDI range? I wish I could disc out up to 50 because I've never found anything worth a hoot below 50.

I've recovered many pieces of gold and platinum jewelry with the AT Pro here in Northern California. Nothing below a 50 for me, most fall right in the nickle range. I'm thinking the builders of the AT Pro knew what they were doing when they put the Target ID Legend on the Control Panel for a person to look at, it don't show RINGS GOLD below 50. (Page 4 of Owners Manual) They couldn't be wrong when they wrote the Manual...could they? I reckon my AT Pro is calibrated and dialed in correctly like yours. What works for me here in my town works for me in my town. It appears what works for you in your town is a good thing, too. It is what it is. HH

6 gold for me this year, (all dirt finds with the atp and 5x8 coil)

1) 47-48, small 10k ring
2) bouncy 45-51, small 10k ring on the surface. signal was bouncing because of a piece of foil approx .5" away
3)50-51, smallish 10k ring
4) 42-43, 18k bracelet
5)53-54, 10k ring
6) 47-48, 14k ring

those sweet solid tones between 42 and 56 are music to my ears. It's trash 99.99% of the time, but not always.....

Just make sure you have a big trash can :roll:

I found 6 gold rings last year. I haven't been out enough with my new AT Pro to find any this year. Five came in below 50 but were solid and had a nickel "feel" to the sound. These were all 10k ladies rings. The sixth was a mans 14k wedding band. It hit sold 52. This was in the dirt at parks and fairgrounds. I had to dig a ton of tabs, trash and small pieces of shredded cans to get them. Oh, and I would like to curse the guy that invented that foil that they wrap around sandwiches.Thy can sound awfully sweet when they are in a nice little ball in the ground.

Haven't heard but one person mention the tone(s)!!

It's not ALL about the number. I get new pull tabs at 48/49 and beaver tails in the 62/63 range most of the time, just the ring of the beaver tail at around 52. But it has always been a high tone.

I have not yet found gold with the ATP, but was with a buddy, just yards away when he found a 14k ring. I tried it under my coil. Rang in at a 54 solid with a mid-tone.

Gotta listen as much as you watch!!

Because pictures are worth 1000 words...

18K white 40
IMG_4782_zpsf3d1bbde.jpg

14K white and yellow 46
IMG_4736_zps805e5596.jpg

14K 45
IMG_4722_zpsb95c7ebb.jpg

10K White 42
IMG_4666_zpsed94eac7.jpg

10K 45
IMG_4655_zps4020dbd9.jpg

14K white and yellow 43
IMG_4098_zps726d5d42.jpg

10K 46
IMG_4072_zps1c92c4dd.jpg

14K white 45
IMG_3903_zpsb128d8a5.jpg

I hope this helps, BTW, if you dig under 50, you are leaving all the white gold for me!!!

<*)))>{

6 gold for me this year, (all dirt finds with the atp and 5x8 coil)

1) 47-48, small 10k ring
2) bouncy 45-51, small 10k ring on the surface. signal was bouncing because of a piece of foil approx .5" away
3)50-51, smallish 10k ring
4) 42-43, 18k bracelet
5)53-54, 10k ring
6) 47-48, 14k ring

those sweet solid tones between 42 and 56 are music to my ears. It's trash 99.99% of the time, but not always.....

Just make sure you have a big trash can :roll:
like the big trash can cause yes you do dig alot of it but I also had rings come under 50 and a necklace

I remember going to a field with a friend and only digging up those lower tones. I was determined to find gold. Did I get it? No... But that is where you will find it.

We use metal detectors, not metal testers. You can only be certain that the coil detected metal under it, the rest is an attempt to describe it. No way to program every possibility, combination, and environmental factors into the machine, and have it highly accurate. You can choose not to dig, and focus only on the best signals, which will mean less trash, but you will leave some good stuff behind. Never going to even know it, unless you are hunting with someone, who decides to dig some of the stuff you passed up. People drop a whole lot more trash, than treasure. The trash signals get mixed into the treasure signals. Even two coins stacked, or very close to each other, are going to ring up differently, than if the separate. It's a good thing that most people focus on the numbers, and the sure-thing signals, leaves a few pieces of treasure for future hunters to find.

I have found lots of buttons between 40 and 50, also have a 3 cent piece that registered 46. So if I refused to dig them numbers, they would still be in the ground !!! So I will still dig them numbers, because you never know !!

Depends on the area you're hunting. Some areas I hunt have good targets that aren't coins that can read anywhere and don't want to miss anything.

Back
Top Bottom