New Beach Toys!

Yes...BUT!

You think only detectors are way overpriced. I have some BAD news. Most ALL companies price their products on what they think they can get for them NOT what they actually cost plus a little mark up.

Look at the cost of a new basic pickup truck. Look at things on E-bay from China. For example. You can get a cheap gold scale from China for less than 8.00 INCLUDING shipping. If you go to a local store like Walmart and find the EXACT same one, it sells for 30.00.

Pricing on anything now is get what you can and forget being the good guy.

I understand this but where's the guy (company) making a good quality detector that's 1/3 the cost of a CTX, Excal or CZ? :?: Surely there's room out there for some competition to bring prices down?!

I understand this but where's the guy (company) making a good quality detector that's 1/3 the cost of a CTX, Excal or CZ? :?: Surely there's room out there for some competition to bring prices down?!

I sure wish there was. How about someone making a FRESH water machine not locked in salt mode that goes deeper than 10'?

However Felix. If someone prices the CTX, Excal and CZ and has a better machine, they probably will ask more, just because they can and get away with it.

Last edited:
You think only detectors are way overpriced. I have some BAD news. Most ALL companies price their products on what they think they can get for them NOT what they actually cost plus a little mark up.

Look at the cost of a new basic pickup truck. Look at things on E-bay from China. For example. You can get a cheap gold scale from China for less than 8.00 INCLUDING shipping. If you go to a local store like Walmart and find the EXACT same one, it sells for 30.00.

Pricing on anything now is get what you can and forget being the good guy.

I don't know who made his scoop and I really don't care. If there is not a name on it and it isn't copyrighted no big deal.

Has anyone here had a problem they needed solved and solved it on their own with a make shift tool? Any chance that the tool you made was thought of before and copyrighted but you didn't know it?

If he is using a mask and snorkel that scoop will be almost useless anyway. Let the OP learn and have fun with his equipment. I am positive if he bought the scoop from somewhere he had no idea it might have been copyrighted. I sure wouldn't. I look for the lowest price or best built.

Even on the internet people do not pay the same price for the same object. The web sites record your web browsing and credit card companies record every purchase you've made. Then they charge you what they think you'll pay. Almost like airline tickets. No two people on a plane paid the same for their tickets due to such practices and its legal! Hotel rooms are the same. Go to the same website using two different computers and you see different prices for the same room/item.
Long story short, delete your browser history regularly and switch browsers often as well. This is not fool proof but does help limit the overcharging.

Back
Top Bottom