ET Strikes Again

coinnut

Elite Member
I have had three separate glitches happen to me on Saturday's hunt! First the machine would turn itself on again (and do it's little song) when I bumped a root or rock. Doesn't have to be a hard hit. Then in the middle of hunting, it did a excessive voltage, auto shut down. I was hunting with the regular rechargables about 5 hours already, and it just decided to turn off. And lastly, and most troubling, is that the audio goes from loud to almost non existent. My threshold and target signal almost disappear.Then they just return and all is normal until they decide to give out again. I have to strain and bend closer to hear it. I thinking it's a grounding issue of some sort, because after about the fifth time, I gave it a little love tap like we used to do on our old TV, :roll:and it returned the threshold. I didn't have to hit hard, just a tap at the top side of the screen and it was workable. Imagine that $1500.00 worth of machine and you have to love tap it too!!! :lol:But I must say, I can't believe the amount of SHALLOW targets that are masked, that this machine is finding!! AMAZING!! This area has been pounded like no other I have ever been to, and these targets were all there. Most were with iron, in or under or around them. Two targets were 1-30 and were both wheats on edge at around 2". I could even see the green imprint of one of them in the side wall, almost vertical. Some targets were real iffy and would bounce around but sometimes hit around 12-39. I know a lot of people are changing their opinions about hunting in stock coin programs, modified as they may be. But I am definitely getting better results with a wide open screen, ferrous, manual 22 sensitivity. I like to hear it all. Besides some of my coins first ID came in at and around 23-37. This got me to investigate and then I could center better and get a lower reading, more like 15-37. Still off though. I think iron is really changing the numbers a lot. Also this area is very mineralised. Still no coins deeper than 6". And those pesky aluminum bottle caps. Got to dig them. They're all over that coin range! But here are the results of about 12 hours of hunting.1 Large cent, 4 Indians, 22 Wheats, 9 Memorials, 2 V Nickels, 1 Buffalo, 2 Jeffersons,1 clad Roosevelt 1 Barber dime, 1 Mercury dime, and 2 silver Roosevelts. I'm very impressed with the E Trac so far.

Attachments

• MP 3 all dirty.jpg
    MP 3 all dirty.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 226
  • MP 3 pennies clean.jpg
    MP 3 pennies clean.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 240
  • MP 3 silver clean.jpg
    MP 3 silver clean.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 238
  • MP 3 other clean.jpg
    MP 3 other clean.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 238
Dang It!

That seals it for me, I am moving up north. You guys are getting some super great finds. :yes:

Hopefully one day I can find something cool like this.

Great finds!

And unfortunately it's not just an E-Trac problem... I've read many slight complaints about the X-Terra line doing the same thing... and have experienced the auto-shut off and turning itself back on before. Nothing a good whack didn't fix, haha.

Maybe Minelab has something goofy going on?

Sure sounds like a poor battery connection to me, but with results like those, I would just give it another whack and keep on hunting. Guess that is what a warranty is for.:D Those are some great finds. Could be a while before you recover your investment, but that's why they call it a hobby. Congratulations on your success.:D

Hi Coinnut, I was hoping that I was the only one experiencing the glitches. The machine I chose as my demo unit after the first day wouldn't turn on. I would set it aside for an hour and try again. It would power up again and after turning it on and off 6 times that was it, back to no power up. I left it sitting in the living room and in the middle of the night it would turn itself on and off a couple of times. So Minelab sent me a new machine right away and so far this one seems to be ok. But I like the Etrac and I know it is a winner. Ok HH one and all and be safe.

Dang It!

That seals it for me, I am moving up north. You guys are getting some super great finds. :yes:

Hopefully one day I can find something cool like this.

:lol: wanna trade? id kill to live further south or further east. one day i hope to move to VA.

Great hunt.. that is really some haul considering all the problems .... if it continues, I would send the machine back... you paid a quality price, you should have a quality machine.... RickO

:lol: wanna trade? id kill to live further south or further east. one day i hope to move to VA.

We do have warmer weather :yes: But the loot you guys are getting is great. We have hunted several prommising sites that are old and never hunted to walk away with nothing. One day I will hit the motherload.

Back
Top Bottom