Pulse Induction MD

ryansclzo

I am still researching to find a relatively cheap metal detector and came across the Tesoro Sand Shark. I want to metal detect mostly beaches that are salt water.

Are PI metal detectors OK to use on the shore of a saltwater beach? I don't want to go diving with it, I just want to be able to get some more depth than a single frequency, without having to go to minimum discrimination.

Thanks for the help

Just as long as you don't mind digging a ton of trash... the wet sand holds a ton of trash here in CT.

I am still researching to find a relatively cheap metal detector and came across the Tesoro Sand Shark....Are PI metal detectors OK to use on the shore of a saltwater beach?

Pro's:
I've always heard great reviews on Tesoro's PI machines. For most salt water areas, you will be able to simply turn it on and start hunting without experiencing false signals. The PI technology, regardless of manufacturer, will reveal deep targets in dry and wet sand. Under the right conditions, I have found large iron targets up to 40" deep.

Con's:
Expect to hear a lot of signals and find a lot of trash...just look at my average hourly results. You will need to buy a good quality scoop to save time digging.

Getting into this hobby takes money, and most guys that spend a few grand on the latest and greatest MD are retired or used less proficient machines until they saved enough loot to buy a nice one. Do whatever it takes to get the ball rolling!

I would choose the Sea Hunter MK2 over the Sand Shark, both roughly the same price. All depends on how trashy your beaches are though.

Okay I get that a PI machine might be too much for CT lol... Are there any machines like the Sov. GT for raound $500?

I'm not saying that at all... I'm saying that a PI is not for all beaches especially the wet sand... its better in the water where there is a lot less ferrous trash.

I can't answer your question concerning prices for a detector like the GT... look for a dual or multi frequency machine... Minelab made different models before the GT and all are very good... you maybe able to find one in your price range by looking around on the forums.

Bottom line - IN MY OPINION, you cannot beat a Brand New, Lifetime Warranty, Tesoro Sand Shark pulse induction unit for $600.00 if you are hunting wet salwater sand and water - in Connecticut or anywhere else. It will pay for itself faster than any other machine in its class or price range.

I hunt Craig's beaches with mine all the time, and it only drives HIM crazy! :laughing:

Bottom line - IN MY OPINION, you cannot beat a Brand New, Lifetime Warranty, Tesoro Sand Shark pulse induction unit for $600.00 if you are hunting wet salwater sand and water - in Connecticut or anywhere else. It will pay for itself faster than any other machine in its class or price range.

I hunt Craig's beaches with mine all the time, and it only drives HIM crazy! :laughing:

I heard you missed a couple of more sales as the iron was driving others crazy.:lol:

You will need to buy a good quality scoop to save time digging.

This is good advice. Take it and run with it!

Did anyone mention he would be digging trash? :digginahole: I just want to make sure he understands he will be digging trash. :digginahole: Because if no one said he will be digging trash, :digginahole: I'll just tell him right here and now he will be digging trash. :digginahole: Hey, HEY; Ryansclzo, just in case no one mentioned it, with a PI, you will be digging trash... :digginahole: Lots and lots of trash. :digginahole: There; I warned him he will be digging trash :digginahole:.

Hey DnD, haven't seen you in nearly a month. Good to see you posting!

Do not pay attention to the man behind the curtain...the one pulling the levers and saying I am THE GREAT WIZARD! Had a Sand Shark, nice machine for clean beaches. NOT a machine for beaches with trash or iron. Hey WIZARD, yea you. I will take you to my beach here in sunny FL. You can dig a grid 50 X 50 and never leave that spot all week. If you do not use a discriminating machine you just plain can not hunt. Telling your stories does not help people wanting good advise. PI machines are not good everywhere as you try to say. I used to listen to your advise until I learned you were just pulling the levers behind the curtain.

The only thing more frustrating than digging trash is "digging false signals."
Like Terry said, for under $600, there isn't a better machine to use on salty beaches.

Get yourself a Sovereign XS2apro for like $300 off ebay, that will keep you satisfied for a while.

I owned a Sand Shark for a while, don't make the mistake I did (buying one...). :lol:

Hey DnD, haven't seen you in nearly a month. Good to see you posting!

Thanks Ra1der...I am working on my bachelor's degree and had to focus on exams.
I need the degree to get a job with an income large enough to support my hobby! :lol:

Look at the Dual Field, Seahunter and Yes sand shark.
What part of the country are you in? I saw someone on the West Coast didn't like the SS performance. I have used mine all over Florida, Maryland, So Cal. and loved the performance. Yes I have found lots of gold and yes I dig lots of trash - more than anyone with a discriminating detector. So if you get a PI also get a good stainless scoop.
HH , phil

Back
Top Bottom