• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Can’t Be Gold. So what is it?

Chipk

Elite Member
Saturday we had a club hunt. Located at a couple of previous homesites. Probably mobile homes.

I got a solid 90 signal on my ATP. Instead of silver I got a long metallic cylinder about a foot long and weighing about 3 pounds. Later I got a second similar signal and pulled out another cylinder, much thinner and weighing about a pound. Then a third. This one was the same diameter of the first but only an inch and a half long. Then a fourth, about the same size as the third one.

All went into my trash pouch and then my trash bucket heading to the barrels that will eventually end up at the recycling center.

At home I sorted all the other trash into their respective barrels but I was curious about these. First I applied a very strong magnet. Nothing. Then I took them to my grinder. First I did the biggest one. To my surprise the metal beneath the outer coating was brightly sparkling.

Just like gold.

Then I did the second and third. Same results. Then I did the last one but the metal looks like a new penny. Nice and orange colored.

Now I’m 100% sure I didn’t stumble into a hidden gold treasure, but I must admit I’m stumped as to what it is.

I have been wrong in the past. I wouldn’t mind being wrong in this case.

Any ideas? Go ahead and burst my bubble.

Attachments

• 829A4E4E-910C-4D26-89E3-F74AFCE93C17.jpg
    829A4E4E-910C-4D26-89E3-F74AFCE93C17.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 2340D632-9135-411B-B81F-F8993B831119.jpg
    2340D632-9135-411B-B81F-F8993B831119.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,132
It's called a brass drift. You use it between a hammer and something you want to hit but not dent. You can see the ends are flared out from being hit.

It's called a brass drift. You use it between a hammer and something you want to hit but not dent. You can see the ends are flared out from being hit.

Brass drift also won't throw a spark..

Brass tools are used in combustible environments too..

<°)))>{

Brass drift also won't throw a spark..

Brass tools are used in combustible environments too..

<°)))>{

Good point. I have worked in combustible environments but still used steel tools, out of ignorance I guess. In my defense the only fire in that shop wasn't on my watch.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom