Nox and wp headphones

postaldigger

Finally jumped in and ordered my equinox 800 yea and of course now the wait begins hopefully not too long (almost bought a used surf pi df instead---I figured I would get more use out of the nox ---although I still want one---I'll keep my eyes open for a good used one) was wondering about the headphones do I need to buy wp headphones or just be real careful in the water ---do I have to buy minelab phones or is there aftermarket phones that are better and or cheaper that are compatible ---appreciate any advice or help on this thanks

Last edited:
I would go thru the post from the last month, WP headphones have been a hot topic for the Nox...Good Luck!

And I think you made the right choice, DF is a good machine but the Nox is a lot more versatile.

I bought these and $21 later I have waterproof ear buds. I just drilled out the middle of the connector and used a little epoxy, took 5 mins. You technically don't need the connector and could just use the ear buds but it helps keep sand out from the connection. I wouldn't use earbuds for diving but they are perfect for wading.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037Z1FRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CONAFS8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you just drill big enough to epoxy the existing earbud connector in there? No rewriting the earbuds?

Did you just drill big enough to epoxy the existing earbud connector in there? No rewriting the earbuds?

Big enough to just put the ear bud connector through. No wiring or anything. Drill, put the ear bud connector through, and glue. Literally took 5 mins. You could even just use the tip (metal piece) and throw away the plastic part.

great idea adambomb, I like it. I’m thinking that using the same technique you could just cut the plug off any underwater headphones like garett and make a waterproof equinox plug, don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I like your earbuds but I want to be able to dive with my 600

If you are constantly hunting on a salt water beach you will have trouble with the ML bluetooth phones i believe...... anything from the muffs deteriorating to screws rusting to speakers going. Get some waterproof ones. Ear buds to me arent my thing...... i find way to much noise without a good pair of muffs to hear those weak signals.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom