Super Secret Virgin Site Update - First Silver

BBsGal

Forum Supporter
Yesterday was day four for me at the virgin site, and it was the first silver day there too!

I got a nice '57 Washington quarter and the big surprise for the day was a nice condition 1944 War nickel! The Washington was very shallow, just under the roots which is weird as I've dug 1990s quarters in the same area as deep as 6-9 inches but I've seen silver "float" before. Kinda odd though...

I dug a bunch more clad, and am up to 140 total clad coins to date. This may not seem too impressive to some of you urban hunters, but here in the sticks finding that much coin is pretty dang rare. So I'm pretty happy about the whole thing.

It rained for the past few days and the site is muddy as a hog wallow, but in spite of being head to toe mud I am having a great time hunting out there.

My running total is as follows: So far the non-clad goods have been a 1935 Buffalo Nickel, a 1957 Washington Quarter and a 1944 War Nickel. The clad tally for all 4 days now stands at 140 coins: 2 clad halves, 43 clad quarters, 26 nickels, 26 clad dimes, and 43 pennies.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A two silver hunt! Nice work. Those clad halves don't come along to often either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hog wallow"? Seriously? Don't you mean "waller" :laughing:

You know there's lots more out there.....its calling your name. I say you hit more silver next time out.

Congrats on all the goodies!

Good work on the silver! There's more there...go get it!

I'm doin' it! Thanks!

A two silver hunt! Nice work. Those clad halves don't come along to often either.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True that, thank you!

Nice job so far, well done!

Thank you!

"Hog wallow"? Seriously? Don't you mean "waller" :laughing:

You know there's lots more out there.....its calling your name. I say you hit more silver next time out.

Congrats on all the goodies!

Wallow, Waller, Wallwhatever it's muddy as heck :lol: :laughing: I tried for more silver today but got a wheatie and more clad instead. And mud. I got more mud too :lol:

Today's update:

Mud everywhere. Mud on my jeans. Mud on my shirt. Mud on my boots. Mud on my detector. Mud on my diggers. Mud on the truck and in it ... Dang!

1 1949 Wheat Penny
4 Clad quarters
3 Clad dimes
9 Nickels
10 pennies

Silver/Old Coin Totals: 1935 Buffalo Nickel, 1957 Washington Quarter, 1944 War Nickel, 1949 Wheat penny.
Clad Talley: 166 coins: 2 clad halves, 47 clad quarters, 35 nickels, 29 clad dimes, and 53 pennies.
Other Stuff: Partial Costume jewelry piece, key

picture.php

Good work BB!

Keep working that place until you no longer hear signals!

Just curious what kind of a location this might be.

Keep us posted!! :yes:

Great haul! Gotta love when one shows up, let alone 2. Congrats!

Thanks! :yes:

Good work BB!

Keep working that place until you no longer hear signals!

Just curious what kind of a location this might be.

Keep us posted!! :yes:

Thanks! I'm gonna hunt it until I clean it all out. Can't really say what kind it is or everyone within 50 miles would be out there hunting it... :lol: I'll disclose that info after I get the goods pocketed and the site is pretty well cleaned out. :lol:

It's unfortunate we have to protect great sites but that's just the way it works. I have yet to find many of the coins you're getting so thanks for bragging - I mean sharing. :cool:

Day 6 update:

Just a little clad, a few old saddle conchos and one blingy costume earring, no silver. Oddly enough, not one nickel today! That's a first for this site... I think I've cleaned out most of the easy targets, now it's time to start really hunting for the silver that's still hiding in there...

picture.php

picture.php

Silver/Old Coin Totals: 1935 Buffalo Nickel, 1957 Washington Quarter, 1944 War Nickel, 1949 Wheat penny.

Clad Talley: 180 coins: 2 clad halves, 51 clad quarters, 35 nickels, 34 clad dimes, and 58 pennies.

Other Stuff: Partial Costume jewelry piece, key, 3 saddle conchos, 1 costume earring

Them war nickels arr rare.

It seems like people find them with more frequency in certain areas. Here in western PA, I've dug 5 so far since May of this year. They do ring up kind of weird on the disc though. A couple disc'd out just below a nickel and a couple disc'd out around pulltab. They all had a nice, solid "round" sound to them though.

It seems like people find them with more frequency in certain areas. Here in western PA, I've dug 5 so far since May of this year. They do ring up kind of weird on the disc though. A couple disc'd out just below a nickel and a couple disc'd out around pulltab. They all had a nice, solid "round" sound to them though.

The one I found just rang perfectly like it should have, very odd since nickels are so finicky.

Booyah!!!!

Yeah!

Great hunt! Congrats on the silver! :D

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom