Heal plate with cross.

Dan B.

Elite Member
I found this today at a mid 1800's house. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_204605.jpg
    IMG_20200401_204605.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 322
You folks keep posting these heel plates and it makes be jealous. I have hunted 35 years and never found one. I have seen a dozen dug on hunts I was on, but I never got one. That is the first one I have seen with a cross. Most of those were actually worn on women's shoes. But plenty have come off civil war sites. Nice find darn it.

Great find! I've found quite a few over the years, but never one with a cross. I've found one with a heart, diamond, shamrock or clover, and an octagon. Also the more common iron ones with the circle hole in the middle. I'm not positive on the date, but most of mine have come from 1800's sites and older.

You folks keep posting these heel plates and it makes be jealous. I have hunted 35 years and never found one. I have seen a dozen dug on hunts I was on, but I never got one. That is the first one I have seen with a cross. Most of those were actually worn on women's shoes. But plenty have come off civil war sites. Nice find darn it.
Hopefully you will find a heel plate soon! Just keep swinging and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Here in northwest Ohio I have found two with hearts and one with the star this is my first cross.

Great find! I've found quite a few over the years, but never one with a cross. I've found one with a heart, diamond, shamrock or clover, and an octagon. Also the more common iron ones with the circle hole in the middle. I'm not positive on the date, but most of mine have come from 1800's sites and older.

This is the first cross I have found. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I also believe it to be from the 1800s. I will have to get ahold of the property owner and see if he has any idea all the relative that may have been involved in something. This property owner is in his early 70s and the property belonged to his great-grandfather.

I found the toe tapper for a set of tap shoes. Does that count?

Nice find!

Back
Top Bottom