Fisher F75 vs Garrett At Pro/Gold/Max or...

Despotes

Thanks to Youtube, I may be starting another hobby. After reading and watching a bunch of reviews I have these detectors in the finals for my purchase. I'd like to keep the cost under $600--which nudges the Gold and Max out. :(
I really like the 5 year warranty on the F75, but what am I sacrificing to the AT Pro if anything with it's 2 year warranty?
Are there other detectors in the same price range that perform better?
I'll be hunting mostly coins and jewelry in the fields, woods and maybe a few small streams in Maine. Gold possibly.
Are there new detectors soon to be released with better technology in this price range?

Fisher f75 is a very powerful machine , in my opinion you'd be hard pressed to get a better all around machine than the f75.
Equinox is also a good waterproof machine, as is the at pro, if you see yourself water hunting.But if land hunting is your thing, just my opinion but I'd take the f75 over both.

Anything specific you like about the F75 over the AT Pro?

F75 is probably one of the best balanced machines ever made, if not the best. That is huge as far as ergonomics go, plus it has a trigger for pinpointing which in my opinion all machines should have.
F75 has a backlight.
I really like the at pro but I'll say this, f75 will outclass it in just about everything, speed, depth, weight, ergonomics, features..Cant go wrong with either but they're in different classes.
Lots of people love the equinox, I like it but it wasnt for me,although it is good...Thats just my opinion, is take the f75 above all

Last edited:
I would choose the F75 over the others because of 1 initial feature and that is the confidence meter. When I had mine it was a very good feature to have. Plus it feels better because of the rod set up than the At series of garretts. Also it has a much larger screen than the At series.

As mentioned by the previous poster as well, the Equinox 600 is also a very good unit. I too have one of those. Very good in iron and very easy to swing. I would consider looking into one of those too.

What I did not like about the F75 is how easy it is to scratch the screen. It is a good performer but it is not as well built as it should be. I mean it will hold up ok and all but still, for one of the top performers in the First Texas line up, they should have made it more robust for the field.

However if you want F75 performance and want to save a few bucks get the Makro Racer 2. You can get one for under 400 bucks and also it has a nice large screen that has an adjustable back light, as deep and better built than the F75 and it too can save your settings. If the F75 was built like the Nokta/Makro units, I would probably still be swinging one.

However if you want F75 performance and want to save a few bucks get the Makro Racer 2. You can get one for under 400 bucks and also it has a nice large screen that has an adjustable back light, as deep and better built than the F75 and it too can save your settings. If the F75 was built like the Nokta/Makro units, I would probably still be swinging one.

Another option to consider at the $400 mark is the Teknetics Patriot, which is a rebranded Fisher F70 - the little brother to the F75 with most of the same 'guts' and a few less features.

Is it possible to replace the Equinox built in battery? I'm not a fan of built in rechargeable batteries. Inconvenient and performance dwindles after a while with a lot of charge/discharge cycles.

Is it possible to replace the Equinox built in battery? I'm not a fan of built in rechargeable batteries. Inconvenient and performance dwindles after a while with a lot of charge/discharge cycles.

The equinox 600 I had was very good on battery life in the field.I Probably got well over 12 hours and still think it had 2 bars? I wouldn’t worry too much about the battery life with the equinox if you get on,very good in that department..And I think you could change it,if not Minelab I’m sure could.

I too would not worry about the battery thing just yet. I find it will outlast me on a day of detecting.

Back
Top Bottom