Well, I Went and Did It! Ordered A CZ21 From Bart

JohnnyFlake

Well guys, after driving myself crazy, reading a half dozen threads, on this site and on another group, about salt water detecting, over the last week, I finally decided to loosen up the purse strings and moved up to one of the machines, favored by the majority of serious water hunters. It's not a Pulse Machine!

Yesterday, I ordered a new Fisher CZ21 from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I have purchased several detectors from them in the past and they gave me a good price, so I went with it. I should have it in a few days.

On thing that helped swing me in that direction, is that years ago, I had and loved a Fisher CZ6. It operated at the same two frequencies, at the same time, that the CZ21 operates at 5 khz and 15 khz. I recalled how much I loved that machine. I would still have it now, had it not been stolen from my vehicle about 15 years ago, at the North Ave Beach, back in Chicago.

There goes the neighborhood!! LOL great machine. I am sure you will do well with it. Please post pictures of your great finds.

I hope that I will be able to do so in the near future. The first of my 5 week long trips to the Southern California beaches, this spring and summer, will be in April. My base of operation will be out of Carlsbad on that trip. I'll be in that area for six full days.

I am not sure if I can do it yet, but I would like to hit an area along the Treasure Coast of Florida, for a week or ten days in the fall.

Big CZ fan here also, the CZ7a was my first top of the line machine back in 96' or so when they came out, since then I have owned a few different 7 series models. I love them, super deep, yet simple to operate and I love the basic 3 tone setup. I have since purchased a F75 but I've been thinking about grabbing another CZ7a-pro or CZ70, they are awesome at finding nickels and super deep with the 10.5 coil, also few VLF machines can keep up with them on salt beaches.

I wish I had one. Get yourself a chest mount. My next detector. I like a smaller coil too. Enjoy!

Keep in mind...... hurricane season gets pretty ruff on that side of the island. CZs have a good rep. Fisher started a rumble last year about a new machine.... aint seen it yet. They dont have a PI YET.... and i dont think the F75 is dual freq.

Dew

Congrats! Hopefully you can time your trip around a 3 day Nor'easter on the treasure coast. Good for you. Bad for a wife/girlfriend wanting to get in a suntan at the beach on vacation:lol: CZ21 is one of the heavy hitters on the beach. A friend of mine uses one for a ring recovery service he runs.

Back
Top Bottom