Hunting alone or in groups?

robby4570

Elite Member
Which way do you hunt mostly? With one or more other MDists or "Lone Wolf"? I like hunting by myself but have made some good friends on here and think I'd really lean towards a small group (1 to 3 others) hunt mostly. I think group hunts give you the best of both worlds. After all, you're basically alone while you're swinging if you wear headphones but you can stop and take a break and chat about how everyone is doing to that point. Then there's "show and tell" at the end of the hunt. Just wondered where y'all were at on this...

I hunt with my dad most of the time, it's fun because we can talk about what we are finding and one of us digs and one of us detects.

Coin shooting is cool with other folks. When I MD for gold nuggets, it's just me. I've put too much research, gas money, and just plain walking around to share with someone looking for a free ride......most prospectors I've met feel the same way - we respect each others territory.

Dusty

lone wolf during the week then sometimes hunt with friends on the weekends

lone wolf during the week then sometimes hunt with friends on the weekends

Me too. Of course, I don't have a job and all my friends do.... Does it count as "Lone Wolf" if the wife goes along to the beach and sunbathes or swims while I go off down the beach to hunt??

Both

I have met some great friends on the forum.It is fun to hunt with them . There are times I go alone, especially if it is a honey hole. Eventually, I bring friends to the good spots. I do respect others territory. If I know a fellow buddy is working a area, I don't infringe upon,unless invited. The group hunts I have gone to have allowed me to meet some decent people and learn a few things.

Hay if I new someone around here that had a MD and wanted to try it. why not. i forgot the wife. if shes into it that day.

While digging alone certainly has it's time and it's place. I've met a bunch of really great people from this forum and I really enjoy spending a day out detecting with each and everyone of them.

I hunt most times with my partner who lives down the street..sometimes by myself if no one is able to..have a few folks with in the 1 hour or so range also..still like to get up with them..have met some fine folks on here and also on the other forum I hang out on..never been sorry to make friends that is for sure..also will say if I was closer, then I would be hunting more with my good buddy Robbie...Chuck....:yes:

Either way.

Usually by myself, but I enjoy hunts with others when they come together. It's just relaxing for me to get time to hunt, period.

lone wolf for me, i do wish i had some company every now and then, i am new to the area where i live so i am still getting my foot in the ground. i did however take a buddy from work MDing on friday and let him do all the swinging his first hole was a 1946 wheatie and he found a ton of clad so i think i will be getting a permanent hunting buddy soon:yes:

Usually alone, but my son and son in law have detectors and we get out once in awhile. They are not as addicted as me. :lol:

90% of the time i hunt with my 12 year old son. Yes he does just as well as i do and kicks dads butt from time to time-90% of the time

Back
Top Bottom