Garrett warranty question

The Wolf

Elite Member
I'm looking at picking up a barely used machine, which is about 1.5 yrs old and comes with a blank warranty card. I'm curious if the machine will have the full 2 yr warranty since the warranty card was never sent in, or if the warranty on preowned units follow the manufacturer date via the serial number.

Thanks all! HH

The "blank" warranty card is likely meaningless - when I purchased my Garretts, I registered them online using Garrett's website. When I sold them, I gave the blank warranty cards to the new owners, but like John said, Garrett will know by my electronic registration when the clock started ticking for the warranty (which I disclosed to the buyer). A question might arise if the previous owner never registered the detector - unless the previous owner can provide you with an itemized purchase receipt, Garrett will likely go by the date of manufacture as determined by the serial number. For example, I have an original ProPointer that needed service at some point - I had never registered it, and didn't have a receipt or any recollection of exactly when it was bought, but I knew it was close to or more than 2 years. Garrett had no choice but to go with the manufactured date.

Back
Top Bottom