Hey... it's a diamond

low tide

Elite Member
So I usually have to pretty much beg or barter or do some kind of con to get out anymore to do any night time metal detecting. Rather sucks esp since lately all the low tides are in the middle of the A.M hours.

I was happily surprised when my wife asked if I wanted to go metal detecting and when is the low tide? HUH? :shock: She wanted to go shore fishing and we took my mom and stepdaughter..

So we got there about 1 hr before low tide. Not the best low tide but it was a low. The waves and breaks were massive. 10 + footers and the energy of even ankle deep water rushing past me would nearly knock me over.

Anyways I threw my waders on and got out there about thigh deep.. 30 minutes in I got a Solid target. Although its a Tungsten Carbide (BOOO)... it actually had a diamond. I assumed it was a CZ but after testing it, it actually is a REAL diamond... SWEET!!!!!! I'll take diamonds on TC all day!

Attachments

• rring.jpg
    rring.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 428
Yo bro

A ring is a ring. nice find Most of my ring finds lately are stainless and TCs.
Tungsten rings can be worth a few bucks. As wedding bands they can never be enlarged as fingers seem to enlarge with age. When buying one it's hard to find the "Goldilocks" size. They don't shape themselves to the finger like the softer noble metals. Cold water, shrinkage, or a drop of tanning lotion and the polished smoothness of the inside of the ring should guarantee us successful
hunts in the future.

Marriage can be like a card game....... starts out with hearts and diamonds.... and ends with a club and spade.:laughing:

Why oh Why would somebody put a small diamond on that type of ring. :?:

But it is a ring and it has been awhile since I found one, your doing great in my book.

Ray

Why oh Why would somebody put a small diamond on that type of ring. :?:

But it is a ring and it has been awhile since I found one, your doing great in my book.

Ray

Agreed. I thought the whole point of TC rings was that they were a good cheap alternative to gold/silver/platinum :?:

Nice find though!

Hey It could have been gold! Someone probably paid big money for that TC Diamond ring...

So I usually have to pretty much beg or barter or do some kind of con to get out anymore to do any night time metal detecting. Rather sucks esp since lately all the low tides are in the middle of the A.M hours.

I was happily surprised when my wife asked if I wanted to go metal detecting and when is the low tide? HUH? :shock: She wanted to go shore fishing and we took my mom and stepdaughter..

So we got there about 1 hr before low tide. Not the best low tide but it was a low. The waves and breaks were massive. 10 + footers and the energy of even ankle deep water rushing past me would nearly knock me over.

Anyways I threw my waders on and got out there about thigh deep.. 30 minutes in I got a Solid target. Although its a Tungsten Carbide (BOOO)... it actually had a diamond. I assumed it was a CZ but after testing it, it actually is a REAL diamond... SWEET!!!!!! I'll take diamonds on TC all day!

I've got two single-diamond rings, both set in Titanium. They're a fun find, but I have no idea what to do with them. LOL The diamonds are pretty much worthless in the setting, and probably worth a buck or two out of it.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom