One Gold and diamond return and scraps

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
I drove up to a beach about 45 minutes away yesterday and as soon as I walked on the beach, two young girls ask if I could help a friend at the valley ball net find her wedding band. I made my way over and the couple had just gotten married and she lost her ring playing valley ball. They had been on their hand and knees for almost a hour with no luck. About thee minutes later I held a beautiful white gold diamond ring in my hand. They thanked me about 10 times and I was on my way for what turned out to be 7 hours swinging the 17" on the CTX. Well my take home was meager to say the least. The bracelet is a Junker and some change. Man was I tired when I got home. But finding the ring for the nice young couple made the shoulder pain worth it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20180709_190254 copy.jpg
    20180709_190254 copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 573
  • 20180709_190337 - Copy copy.jpg
    20180709_190337 - Copy copy.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 557
Always a great feeling to help others using our hobby. Had a similar experience. Kinda sad and funny on Tybee. Had some parents come up to me. They thought they lost their car keys on the beach. So I searched the spot for about an hour with no luck. The husband went to their car and found the keys in the car. They thanked me and left. Well they were so drunk they forgot their kid. Poor child was in tears. My wife consoled him and walked him back to the parking lot. The parents finially realized they forgot their kid and came back. Thankfully they were only staying in the hotel 2 blocks away. I was kinda mad the would drink and drive at all but especially with a child. Who forgets their kid?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Always a great feeling to help others using our hobby. Had a similar experience. Kinda sad and funny on Tybee. Had some parents come up to me. They thought they lost their car keys on the beach. So I searched the spot for about an hour with no luck. The husband went to their car and found the keys in the car. They thanked me and left. Well they were so drunk they forgot their kid. Poor child was in tears. My wife consoled him and walked him back to the parking lot. The parents finially realized they forgot their kid and came back. Thankfully they were only staying in the hotel 2 blocks away. I was kinda mad the would drink and drive at all but especially with a child. Who forgets their kid?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That's a bummer for sure. I don't like drunk drivers seen too many wrecks when I was a truck driver. Sure don't like to see them with kids.

:dingding: Even though there's no picture I'll take your word for it and give you the dinger! I always ask for a pic on a return. They ask me "how much for finding it?" My response is "it'll cost you a picture". I provide them my email or phone # and they send it to me.

Way to go helping them out! I’ve only been able to do that once and it was cool (keys/knife not a ring though).

And I feel your pain with the meager funds part... 15¢ at the park tonight...

Next hunt or two will be gold for us both!

Way to go on the return. Your top pic looks like my last hunt except i only found one quickset house key:(

:dingding: Even though there's no picture I'll take your word for it and give you the dinger! I always ask for a pic on a return. They ask me "how much for finding it?" My response is "it'll cost you a picture". I provide them my email or phone # and they send it to me.

Ive never ask for a picture before Felix. I thought of it about 10 minutes later and looked around and they were gone.

Way to go helping them out! I’ve only been able to do that once and it was cool (keys/knife not a ring thoug

And I feel your pain with the meager funds part... 15¢ at the park tonight...

Next hunt or two will be gold for us both!

Thanks GS. It's always rewarding to help someone find something. That's my second honeymooners that I found their ring.

Nice job on the return! I hope the good karma comes back two fold on your next hunt!

Thanks Ron, I hope the karma is gold.:lol:

Way to go on the return. Your top pic looks like my last hunt except i only found one quickset house key:(

Thanks Larry, after 7 hours swinging the 17", I was beat. Man that thing kills my shoulder even with a sling. It didn't used to bother me at al. I think it's age catching up.:lol:

My best karma moment came up about 8 months later, it takes a while.

I'll wait my turn and be happy when it arrives. Thanks for looking.

Congrats on the return! I don't see how you swing that big coil that long. OUCH! I'm having trouble with the Excal lately hurting the shoulder after just 2 hours. Someone here, maybe Felix? I forget... posted about doing physical therapy/strength training to help swing and said it worked. Wish I could find that post and learn the exercises.

Here's to the next ring being gold for you my friend!

:thumbsup:

Nice deed and nice job, 7 hours is a loooong hunt!

When I get the chance to go. I try to do 7 to 8 hours. Just being there is good therapy for the mind.

Congrats on the return! I don't see how you swing that big coil that long. OUCH! I'm having trouble with the Excal lately hurting the shoulder after just 2 hours. Someone here, maybe Felix? I forget... posted about doing physical therapy/strength training to help swing and said it worked. Wish I could find that post and learn the exercises.

Here's to the next ring being gold for you my friend

:thumbsup:

It's getting harder with age. I use the 11 most of the time because I like to water hunt. The 17' will kill you in the water. I also use a AR15 one point strap which makes it a lot easier. Get it balanced and it works well. Thanks Kap

7 hours!:shock: I would get an Equinox, wait I did.:D Even I can't swing near as long as THAT!

I'm old just not that old. Body abuse.

Last edited:
It not age it’s just you are in one of those zones where there is more gravity so it takes more work to swing the coil:laughing:

That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Ray

Good deed on the return, and just nice to know there is still humans wearing gold, real gold too.

A Sherlock Holmes "who dunnit" mystery solved by dirty-dog. Good story !

It not age it’s just you are in one of those zones where there is more gravity so it takes more work to swing the coil:laughing:

That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Ray

I'm not dead old yet. But if I had known I would have lasted this long I would have taken better care of myself.

Nice work on the assist!

Thanks monster. It was a pleasure. The bride was easy on the eyes as well.

Good deed on the return, and just nice to know there is still humans wearing gold, real gold too.

You got that right. The beach was packed with the yellow stuff. I just couldn't find any to take home.:lol:

A Sherlock Holmes "who dunnit" mystery solved by dirty-dog. Good story !
When they ask "who dunnit" they usually point their finger at me.:lol: Thanks Tom.

Back
Top Bottom