Good and strange start to October CRHing

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
In case my loyal subjects did not note it, or were too kind to mention it, KT had a brain fart about the months last week! :laughing::laughing:

Anyway, His Majesty had a rip roaring start to October this week!

Box 1 - 3 40%, I NIFC
Box 2 - 1 40%, 3 NIFCs, 1 proof, 1 87 Ken
Box 3 - 2 40%, 1 NIFC
Box 4 - 7 40%
Box 5 - 1 40%, 8 NIFCs, 2 proofs, 1 87 Ken, 1 WWII Comm. Proof

Total - 14 40%, 13 NIFCs, 3 Proofs, 2 87 Kens, 1 WWII Comm. Proof

KT had some strange stuff going on in these boxes...some boxes had several coins coated with very sticky stuff...He did not taste it but it was like Karo syrup which washed off easily with hot water...Also, many of the 40%ers look like they were either dug or were buried with some iron nails for awhile....red rusty...they were hard to read the dates so KT had to clean that part of the coin with His Royal Dremel Mototool with a small wire brush. The Queen requested that they not be cleaned at all, just to show their odd history, but KT wanted to confirm the dates. At least this was the first double digit silver recovery in quite awhile for KT! So He is very happy with the result.

The first pic shows the clean 40%er Kens that were recovered and the 2nd image shows the red rusty ones. Pic 3 shows the NIFCs, Pic 4 the proofs and the cool Commemorative Proof. KT really likes it, tho it is clad. Finally the last image shows the 2 87 Kens, both in nice condition!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CRH 10 05 2016 6 of 14 40%er kens.jpg
    CRH 10 05 2016 6 of 14 40%er kens.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 289
  • CRH 10 05 2016 8 of 14 40%er kens.jpg
    CRH 10 05 2016 8 of 14 40%er kens.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 281
  • CRH 10 05 2016 13 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 10 05 2016 13 NIFCs.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 292
  • CRH 10 05 2016 3 proofs & 1 WWII Comm. proof.jpg
    CRH 10 05 2016 3 proofs & 1 WWII Comm. proof.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 285
  • CRH 10 05 2016 2 87 Kens.JPG
    CRH 10 05 2016 2 87 Kens.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 273
Very odd your majesty.....but congrats on the silver! I also like that WWII commemorative! What does the other side look like?

Your Majesty certainly has the authority to change the Months around if He so wishes...Heck, even make up a new one if you so desire...Who are we to question? Totsalotuary? perhaps? A month of merriment and reckless imbibing?

On a humble note of Your Majesties primary interest, last weekend, my hovel wench was cleaning our hut and discovered a forgotten hidden rasher of 10 JFK halfs that were hoarded by her long ago during a brief period of Mudpuppy extra income...

I checked them according to what I have learned here, and sure enough! One was a 40%! Thank you oh Great One! Keep up the Kingdom!
Mud

Your Majesty certainly has the authority to change the Months around if He so wishes...Heck, even make up a new one if you so desire...Who are we to question? Totsalotuary? perhaps? A month of merriment and reckless imbibing?

On a humble note of Your Majesties primary interest, last weekend, my hovel wench was cleaning our hut and discovered a forgotten hidden rasher of 10 JFK halfs that were hoarded by her long ago during a brief period of Mudpuppy extra income...

I checked them according to what I have learned here, and sure enough! One was a 40%! Thank you oh Great One! Keep up the Kingdom!
Mud

Ha Ha! Well, since the monthes were named for various ancient gods, and KT is neither ancient nor considers Himself a god, He has not the gumpson to create a new month in His Honor. Perhaps a national week of KingTotalot Celebration is more befitting! :laughing: With constant CRHing, drinking, and general Royal excessiveness as the norm?! :lol:

And congrats on nabbing that 40%er before it got to the bank!

KT once got a call from a friendly bank teller that he had just taken in 53 halves from a little old lady who insisted on paper money. His Majesty immediately rode His Royal Steed to the bank and purchased them. Of that batch, there were 8 40%ers! And the rest were dumped into the bank machine.

Last edited:
I saw the end of October post, but was too nice to mention it...... ;)

Great START to October....... :)

Ahhh a 1995 commerative how wonderful your majesty! Anyway neither I nor any of your other loyal subjects would dare question, what month you say it is. That is blasphemy

Oh duh! When I first looked I thought it said 1941 to 1945... :lol: whoops!

No problem. When KT first saw it, He was a bit puzzled also by the span of dates, but then realized that proof commemoratives are more modern coins, in a series that started with the George Washington comm., which by the way, KT recovered one of them last year!

Did a bit of research on the WWII commemorative...issued in 1993, in both proof and uncirculated non-proof clad coins. Part of a 3 coin set also with a silver 1$ coin and a 5$ gold coin. Original issue price $10, uncirculated proof now selling for $30.

The reverse depicts a scene from a Pacific theater battle. Interesting coin!

Back
Top Bottom