My first (mostly) complete button

Squeaker

I went out last Friday for a few hours. The day before I had found two 3-ring miniés and a teardrop. I was cutting through the field at an angle, trying to make it to where I left off the day before and only halfheartedly swinging.

I get a good signal on the way and out pops what I'm guessing is a cuff size "Eagle I" button. There is no backmark, just some rings. I found a button back identical to this one's earlier this summer. I only cleaned it with a toothpick and water and let it air dry thoroughly.

I only found one other melted lead and some miscellaneous iron stuff that day, but I sure was still happy.

Attachments

• NewImage_600_691_90.jpg
    NewImage_600_691_90.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 223
Sweet. I still have my first eagle button. Congrats on your first. There has to be more out there. Go get em!

Congratulations. My first button was an eagle R button, found behind my house. Like The Wolf said, there has to be more there. Maybe one of those places to go slow and try and cover every inch of the ground. Good luck.

I was blessed with my first one one my first hunt. Have only found a few since. That is a good find. I really like finding buttons.

It's been a good many yrs. ago , but if I remember I believe my first was a eagle cuff button . And have been hooked on relic hunting for the past 16 yrs.:lol:

Congrats on your first eagle button! I found my first last year-- it was a general service coat button. Keep pounding that spot and good luck!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I've been hitting this site pretty hard. I'm hoping more buttons turn up this winter when the grass is down.

Back
Top Bottom