Is an upgrade possible with ATPRo and Ace 350 used as trade

hoosierdigger1

Hello.
If I was wanting to upgrade from an ATPro and had an ATPro w/ stock coil, Ace 350 w/ stock coil, lesche digger and a Garrett pro pointer available for trade....if there enough value here to trade for another detector that would be considered an upgrade from the ATPro?
The ATPro is used once a week on average, cared for and in perfectly working condition, the Ace 350 has been used less than a dozen times and not currently used in the last 6 months. Both bought new from Big Boys Hobbies two Springs ago.
I'm not brand loyal and just looking to get additional edge in depth over the ATPro using stock coil. Most of my sites are also heavy in iron. I could figure individual market price and add it up, but would rather trade up so not as messy. Any possibilities or waste of time? Thanks!
Edited. Forgot to mention I have the 5x8 and NEL snake coils as well. NEL snake was purchased just over a month ago. All items except pro pointer and lesche have original boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I accept trades towards new detectors. Your detectors, pinpointer, coil are worth something on trade. Just PM what you are wanting to trade for.

If you want approx trade value search ebay for sold items recently in similar condition/warranty. Subtract 10% for fees and shipping cost. You can also follow classifieds to some degree. Whatever the going sale rate, subtract 3% and shipping cost.

I don't profit off the trade but do have to be able to sell them to get trade money out of them.

Craig

Last edited:
I upgraded from the AT Pro to the E Trac this year. I love the AT Pro and I have over 200 hours on it, I made many nice finds with it but saw others were finding better and deeper targets with the E trac in hunted out spots. (that is mainly where I hunt) I cannot even begin to explain just how happy I am with the E Trac. I have 64 silvers so far this year and many other nice finds.
I also own the new Fisher F75 LTD and am happy with what it has found in the short time I have ran it.

DectectingMO who has also posted on this thread is a top notch dealer to do biz with. I am sure you will get more value on your trade with him than anyone else.

I'm not sure at this point what detector that may be. I'm still in early stages of doing my homework to determine what would be considered a good upgrade that is distinguishable from the ATPro. And I need to some degree, stay within the trade value or total sale values of the stuff I have.

I'm not sure at this point what detector that may be. I'm still in early stages of doing my homework to determine what would be considered a good upgrade that is distinguishable from the ATPro. And I need to some degree, stay within the trade value or total sale values of the stuff I have.

That is very smart. Doing your homework and research when spending $ is the wise thing to do.
I posted questions on many forums, compiled list of machines and their attributes and known issues and then watched ALOT of videos. When it came down to time to buy I went with what was recommended by a couple forum members right here on FMDF.
Good luck with your search and feel free to contact me with any other questions you might have about the units I own.

Thanks detectorMO for taking your time to review what I had for trade.
For those who have responded I'm leaning heavily toward an E Trac. Unfortunately it isn't a line that he carries. I haven't been here 6 months or had 200 posts, so according to TOS I can't post in classifieds to find a trade deal with somebody. I'll work trying to pull off this deal offsite I guess. Thanks again! HH

Don't worry about the classifieds here, there is only people wanting, not selling Etracs on there.
It is unlikely that somebody is going to part with an Etrac for a couple of Garretts anyways.

See if you can find another sponsor or local dealer that does sell minelabs and accept trades, or sell your units privately.

You should be able to sell your machines locally pretty easily this time of year.

PM sent but then thought... doesn't Bart do trades? I know one of the other sponsors does...

Yes. I contacted him. Apparently he does do trades, just not at the moment. I've decided to sell all the gear through classifieds and eBay if necessary. I went ahead and pulled the trigger last night and picked up a nice used E Trac for $775.

Yes. I contacted him. Apparently he does do trades, just not at the moment. I've decided to sell all the gear through classifieds and eBay if necessary. I went ahead and pulled the trigger last night and picked up a nice used E Trac for $775.

good price! I'm sure you will love it. Congrats!

I hope so! Some say the learning curve on the E Trac is steep, that's okay if it is. Many people loathe learning a new detector. Starting over and learning a new machine is part of the excitement that makes this hobby fun, to me anyways...oh, and actually finding stuff too, of course. Now to get some of my money back selling the other stuff.

I hope so! Some say the learning curve on the E Trac is steep, that's okay if it is. Many people loathe learning a new detector. Starting over and learning a new machine is part of the excitement that makes this hobby fun, to me anyways...oh, and actually finding stuff too, of course. Now to get some of my money back selling the other stuff.

I literally just got back from my first Etrac hunt, it went very well.
No down time what so ever, straight into the treasure.

I might post an initial impression thread after I eat.

I was too busy last night arguing about detectors to really read the manual, so I just tried it out in the factory coins mode.
Tried auto sens, then manual 22 if the auto dipped too low.
Tried TTF (Two Tone Ferrous) for a few minutes as it seemed interesting, but then switched to multi-tones as that as what I am used to from the Xterra.

I literally just got back from my first Etrac hunt, it went very well.
No down time what so ever, straight into the treasure.

I might post an initial impression thread after I eat.

I was too busy last night arguing about detectors to really read the manual, so I just tried it out in the factory coins mode.
Tried auto sens, then manual 22 if the auto dipped too low.
Tried TTF (Two Tone Ferrous) for a few minutes as it seemed interesting, but then switched to multi-tones as that as what I am used to from the Xterra.

I just started with the E trac this year and I way overthought it. It ended up being pretty easy to get the hang of. I would do as you are using the stock coin program but I would clear out the little darkened area in the top right as you may miss out on large coins like silver dollars. I also used the multi tone. Now with almost 100 hours on it I am comfortable running in almost open screen with Two Tone Ferrous and have made some nice finds!
Good luck, not that you're going to need it now that you have the E trac LOL!

I just started with the E trac this year and I way overthought it. It ended up being pretty easy to get the hang of. I would do as you are using the stock coin program but I would clear out the little darkened area in the top right as you may miss out on large coins like silver dollars. I also used the multi tone. Now with almost 100 hours on it I am comfortable running in almost open screen with Two Tone Ferrous and have made some nice finds!
Good luck, not that you're going to need it now that you have the E trac LOL!

Thanks for the tip, I will look into the Disc patterns tonight.

" Good luck, not that you're going to need it now that you have the E trac LOL!"

I know eh? I almost felt as though I was cheating. :lol:

Thanks for the tip, I will look into the Disc patterns tonight.

" Good luck, not that you're going to need it now that you have the E trac LOL!"

I know eh? I almost felt as though I was cheating. :lol:

A few tips--set gain to 29 or 30--set variability to 29 or 30
Etrac will sing on the high conductors!!!
Cheers

If you have not done so already after you get to know it, disc out from 25 ferrous and down only. That's how most of us run it

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

Back
Top Bottom