deus in Saltwater

Jaysom

Looking at a deus for mostly relic huning but go to the beach twice a year. Will it work in my southern beaches or should I go with a e trac? I do search for gold rings also. Which is better at finding gold or silver rings fast?

Looking at a deus for mostly relic huning but go to the beach twice a year. Will it work in my southern beaches or should I go with a e trac? I do search for gold rings also. Which is better at finding gold or silver rings fast?

deus is awesome on gold. It has a gm power which stands for gold max and it has another search built in factory for gold. Heres the deal. If you are going to the beach just twice a year and relic hunt most other times......... DEUS no questions asked.

etrac= yesterdays technology
deus= todays technology

The deus is becoming a favorite amongst relic hunters everywhere. Switching programs with just one button and freq shifts as well makes it a awesome machine in relics. I know many people who use a deus in trash and relic areas and it performs solid. Not to even mention its super powers in iron.

deus= todays technology

Thats a pretty bold statement..lol. I guess im in the land of yesteryear and pulling silver by accident.

My advice for you then with water hunting and the enjoyment of land as well is going to be the CTX in my opinion. I have owned a Deus, will probably own another at some point but in all honesty what you want to do in saltwater you really need more of a water machine not a Deus. Great machine but not my recommendation in water.

deus= todays technology

Thats a pretty bold statement..lol. I guess im in the land of yesteryear and pulling silver by accident.

oh boy silver. really blows my dress up. I had a etrac and got a few mercs than thought to myself..........this money for rosies and mercs?

anyways this is NOT what the person asked :)

I dont agree, neither is great as a multipurpose machine as he is looking for. You were one sided on your answer as well. Deus is great on relics, that is a true statement. Is it good in saltwater...I am no expert on that but I would say NO.

I dont agree, neither is great as a multipurpose machine as he is looking for. You were one sided on your answer as well. Deus is great on relics, that is a true statement. Is it good in saltwater...I am no expert on that but I would say NO.

ok. your entitled to your own opinion but yes the deus is awesome on relics. Totally destroys on bullets and buttons. I have a youtube channel and the deus slams great stuff and im seeing a lot of people switching to the deus on relics. However I do not hear many people saltwater hunting. Beach hunting, well yes there is a few. Would I say that its a great machine in saltwater. No. Because ive never used it in saltwater. However it is a gold lover so if he hunts on sand for gold than it is a great machine. Im assuming the rest of year from what I gather he will be relic hunting. So id say Deus hands down.

I will give it to you minelab guys "as I use to be one" if he was hunting for silver coins than I would have honestly said take the 705 or etrac. No need to spend 2500 on a ctx when the etrac does well. But if he wanted a water machine and silver I would have recommended the ctx. All have their own purpose

I think we are getting back to the discussion on which is better a Ford or a Chevy.

I don't know ANYTHING about the Deus on salt water beaches or the machine actually and I know absolutely nothing about the E-trac with gold cause I haven't found any yet with mine. (bought it in October 2014 I believe) I also have never used it on a salt water beach.

Your best bet is to find people in your search area with EITHER one and see what they have to say. Hopefully some one with experience will chime in here.

I hope you find the answers you are happy with and can make a decision based on results not speculation.

ok. your entitled to your own opinion but yes the deus is awesome on relics. Totally destroys on bullets and buttons. I have a youtube channel and the deus slams great stuff and im seeing a lot of people switching to the deus on relics. However I do not hear many people saltwater hunting. Beach hunting, well yes there is a few. Would I say that its a great machine in saltwater. No. Because ive never used it in saltwater. However it is a gold lover so if he hunts on sand for gold than it is a great machine. Im assuming the rest of year from what I gather he will be relic hunting. So id say Deus hands down.

I will give it to you minelab guys "as I use to be one" if he was hunting for silver coins than I would have honestly said take the 705 or etrac. No need to spend 2500 on a ctx when the etrac does well. But if he wanted a water machine and silver I would have recommended the ctx. All have their own purpose

Fair enough my friend, no hard feeling and maybe you took it the wrong way or I did who knows and who cares. I hope we can somehow help this forum member make the right decision regardless. :yes:

Xp or e trac

I like to relic hunt and I also find jewelry for people and want something that is fast enough swing to cover the areas I need to search. I also own an AT Pro and also use A PI machine sometimes on the beach if I feel like digging everything I also use the whites V3i and find it to be slow at recovery speed and also I am trying to cut back on the amount of detectors that I have My biggest question is whether to spend my money on a e trac or XP Deus and whether or not the e trac is good at finding gold rings ( parks,homes, saltwater beaches,) or is the Xp the detector to get.
Jaysom

jaysom, you seem to have some good detectors which tells me you know a thing or two. So my question to you is.......;. is this post for real or just to get a etrac VS deus thing going? I have full faith that you know the XP Deus is up there dubbed as one of the fastest detectors around and that its great on gold. Where as the etrac is slow probably more slow than your whites v3i but nails silver like a boss.

I think you know the answer here to your own question. But as I stated before if you are going to relic hunt and want something fast to cover ground than the Xp Deus should be your next purchase

Do or Deus

I guess I just want to know and be sure that if I were to get a xp that it will work somewhat on salt beaches. And that it's good at IDing gold jewelry. I know the e trac does well on salt water but if the e trac is slower than my v3i at finding gold rings and it takes forever to cover a small yard because I have to swing slow. I don't want it...Time is money to me. I want to Cover as much area as I can without missing something.
Thanks for all the replies. You all are friendly.
Jaysom​

Let me take a stab at this one. The OP was about salt water beach hunting? Deus vs E Trac? The Deus will see small gold better on the beach. Why? Because the only small gold you will find on a saltwater beach will be shallow. The E Trac will punch deeper in the wet sand because it is multi frequency and it was designed to remain stable in a harsh ground environment. But the price of remaining stable is the loss of sensitivity to small gold. Small gold and salt water are too close on the conductivity scale for the E Trac to hit it deep. But every other target on the beach which includes large gold (men's bands) and silver plus clad will be detected much deeper with the E Trac because the Deus being a single frequency machine has limited detecting depth. On the beach depth is everything. SO I would go E Trac. The only time the Deus would prevail is in a fresh drop small gold situation.

The Deus is designed for sites saturated with trash and iron. But do not confuse fast recovery with swinging fast. I find the best results with the Deus is to take your time. Beaches are usually fine for slow recovery detectors because there just isn't iron or trash on the beach like there is in the dirt. Unless you hunt Atlantic City. A very different environment there.

Let me take a stab at this one. The OP was about salt water beach hunting? Deus vs E Trac? The Deus will see small gold better on the beach. Why? Because the only small gold you will find on a saltwater beach will be shallow. The E Trac will punch deeper in the wet sand because it is multi frequency and it was designed to remain stable in a harsh ground environment. But the price of remaining stable is the loss of sensitivity to small gold. Small gold and salt water are too close on the conductivity scale for the E Trac to hit it deep. But every other target on the beach which includes large gold (men's bands) and silver plus clad will be detected much deeper with the E Trac because the Deus being a single frequency machine has limited detecting depth. On the beach depth is everything. SO I would go E Trac. The only time the Deus would prevail is in a fresh drop small gold situation.

The Deus is designed for sites saturated with trash and iron. But do not confuse fast recovery with swinging fast. I find the best results with the Deus is to take your time. Beaches are usually fine for slow recovery detectors because there just isn't iron or trash on the beach like there is in the dirt. Unless you hunt Atlantic City. A very different environment there.
good explination but he states he goes to beach only twice a year

Great post here. I use both and love both. They are both tools and have different purposes. The XP is a great relic machine and superb in iron. That said if on the beach you will be fine in dry sand but limited in the wet sand and surf so paired to the E-Trac.

You need to decide which is more important to you. A better relic iron and trash machine or a deep silver machine that also does well in the salt.

Call me and I can explain both in depth to you. Be glad to help as I am a fan of both but for different reasons.

Some days I wish there was a sticky from actual metal detector builders about single frequency detectors on salt wet sand. Contrary to some comments elsewhere. You won't ever dig a dime in wet salt sand at 23" with a Deus or AT pro. If all you got is a single frequency hunting a salt beach, hammer the dry sand and try to hold your own in the wet sand. Some posters who recommend using a single frequency on salt wet sand are happy to see you show up with one. Because it isn't what they are using:lol: Skip bringing the deus to the beach and just bring an AT pro. In the dry sand a cheap ass Bounty hunter will nail small gold.

Some days I wish there was a sticky from actual metal detector builders about single frequency detectors on salt wet sand. Contrary to some comments elsewhere. You won't ever dig a dime in wet salt sand at 23" with a Deus or AT pro. If all you got is a single frequency hunting a salt beach, hammer the dry sand and try to hold your own in the wet sand. Some posters who recommend using a single frequency on salt wet sand are happy to see you show up with one. Because it isn't what they are using:lol: Skip bringing the deus to the beach and just bring an AT pro. In the dry sand a cheap ass Bounty hunter will nail small gold.

are you saying to skip bringing the deus to the beach but bring an at-pro?

are you aware the at-pro is a single feq machine where as the deus can be switched to different. I AM NOT ARGUING so please don't fire back at me. Im just either reading your comment wrong or trying to educate you that the deus is a better option than the at-pro when needing more freq. A lot of people only go by what they here about the deus on beach. I happen to think its a dandy. Most haven't even attempted to use one on the beach. It has a built in wet beach mode and works great in my opinion.
It may not be a ctx3030 2500 dollar machine "dealers push for profit" but I think it will hang pretty close. However if the guy is only going twice a year than id recommend the Deus hands down.

Again itsaring im not arguing or trying to belittle you. Was just curious about your comment. I have the atpro and deus. Ill take my deus over my atpro every second to the beach :)

Never tried a deus in saltwater... my toilet uses fresh:lol: sorry had too

That said a 3-400$ sovereign is on its way for me, although not a gt or waterproof will gladly go head2head on wet sand I hope.

All the machines mentioned id love to have, but c'mon guys on a lighter note what's wrong with a cheap bh, lol

Heck a compadre will probably find gold better than an atp from what I've read:lol:

That said a 3-400$ sovereign is on its way for me, although not a gt or waterproof will gladly go head2head on wet sand I hope.

All the machines mentioned id love to have, but c'mon guys on a lighter note what's wrong with a cheap bh, lol

Heck a compadre will probably find gold better than an atp from what I've read:lol:

says the guy who is selling his for 120 on here. Did you say that to help your sale?

lol jk :)

Back
Top Bottom