"Fast and Loud" fans

DougF

Elite Member
I watch this show when they have a car that interests me. I know that "reality shows" are pretty much scripted, but I caught this bit a couple days ago. Richard had a 49 Ford F1 pickup which he had bought and was trying to sell it after just getting it running.

The buyer offered $6000, I think, and Richard wanted $9500. They haggled back and forth for a while, and finally settled on $7000, which included Richard paying for shipping the truck back to Michigan. Right after they shook hands on the deal, the buyer pulls a wad of hundreds from his pocket and hands it to Richard without counting it. Richard counts it, and it's exactly $7000. Obviously the buyer was psychic.

They are as scripted as any TV ever made. Only difference is that there isn't a studio set so it can be produced much, much cheaper. That's why you see them everywhere.

I don't let the parts like that bother me. I also watch "street outlaws". They make a test hit on the street and worry about getting busted by the cops. But on race day they can street race all night long without a cop showing up for hours. I have a hotrod builder that lives by me. He does test hits about 2 in the morning. You can hear the exhaust noise for 20 miles:laughing:

I also don't think Richard Rawlings has a beer assisitant on stand by. But it sure sounds nice:lol:

I don't have the Velocity channel, but there is some show on it with two British guys, Wheeler Dealers? One goes out and buys a car, the other one does the mechanical work. I think it's one of the better shows out there. I used to watch Fast and Loud a lot, even watched about 10 minutes of the episode with the Ford, but it can't maintain my attention through commercial breaks. I liked Street Outlaws, but don't know what happened to it, haven't seen it in a while.

Back
Top Bottom