An excellent 4 box hunt of halves.

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Got in my weekly 4 box hunt of halves today and halfway into the 3rd box it was looking pretty bleak, 2 40%ers and 2 NIFCs...but then the luck changed and KT ended up with a total of 7 40%ers and 7 NICFs....:D:D !!

One of KT's better hunts in a few weeks!

Pics show the coins! Enjoy!

Attachments

• CRH 03 29 2012 7 40% halves.jpg
    CRH 03 29 2012 7 40% halves.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 631
  • CRH 03 29 2012 7 NIFC halves.jpg
    CRH 03 29 2012 7 NIFC halves.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 626
Excellent lot of silver there King!! How long do you imagine it would take you to find that equivalent of silver in the ground? Keep up the good work and keep posting those finds.

Congrats KT. I'm in the process of going through my best box ever. 21 rolls left and I've already pulled 17 40er's. That doesn't include an ender that hasn't even come out of the roll left. Will post final pics in the CRH finds when I finish it up. (I don't go through boxes like most as I mix in .01, .05, and .10 when I search and a box of halves takes me about a week)

Also, opinions, would you open the ender roll or leave it intact?

Excellent lot of silver there King!! How long do you imagine it would take you to find that equivalent of silver in the ground? Keep up the good work and keep posting those finds.

Considering that halves are scarce coins to find to begin with....in a year of hunting totlots KT has found a few $1 coins, the new ones, a SBA, and a couple of Sacs...but never a half! And also consider that for all of last year, KT only recovered 1 64 Rosie for his total coin silver find....Now look at my signature and you will see the silver KT has gotten since Jan 1 of this year.....so my best estimate is....I will NEVER find a half, much less a silver one by MDing...unless I fundamentally change my modus operendi! :laughing::laughing: Remember KT is the Official King of the Totlots for a reason! That's essentially my hunting ground or domain.

Congrats KT. I'm in the process of going through my best box ever. 21 rolls left and I've already pulled 17 40er's. That doesn't include an ender that hasn't even come out of the roll left. Will post final pics in the CRH finds when I finish it up. (I don't go through boxes like most as I mix in .01, .05, and .10 when I search and a box of halves takes me about a week)

Also, opinions, would you open the ender roll or leave it intact?

The one KT recovered....He made certain he had an excellent photograph of it and then ripped it out ! Could be another in there! If so, KT wants to know! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

First two box dump resulted in $5.31 in overage! Will post the rest in this post on Monday, once I know it! :lol:

And Monday's overage was $2.60 so totals out at $7.91 for this run! Thanks all for commenting on this CRH!

KT,

I am just getting into this hobby and was wondering if there was a list that had the halves that were of value in silver and NIFC?

Where do you purchase your display/storage items?

Thanks for the help!

NIFC? I'm not familiar with the term...

New In Fine Condition?
National Interagency Fire Center?
National Inventor Fraud Center?
Northern Illinois Football Conference?
Northeast Insurance & Financial Consultants?
Northern Ireland Film Commission?
Narodowy Instytut Fryderyka Chopina?
Nonspecific Immunoglobulin-Forming Cells?
Naval Integrated Fire Control?
New International Friendship Club
ahhh... Not Intended For Circulation! :D

Nice finds, your majesty!

Thanks everyone! Yep, NIFCs are coins that were minted but not intended for general circulation. Only available in $1000 bags from the mint. Dealers buy them up, cherry pick the best ones for grading and getting slabbed and finally dump the rest on the open market, getting them into circulation.

They are both low mintage and KT thinks will be in demand eventually by collectors wanting to complete there folders and not wanting to pay a high grade price! KT says keep em! Only costs ya 50 cents each right now! :lol::lol:

In answer to 73cj5, easy ......any half 1964, the first year issue of the Kennedy half, or older is 90 % silver, so if you find any WLHs or Franklins, they are silver. Kennedy halves minted from 1965 to 1970 (a hard date to get) are 40% silver, any after that are clad. But the dates, any mint of 1987, and 2002 and newer are low mintage and worth keeping if you find them. From 2002 and newer are NIFCs. Clear as mud, right? :laughing::laughing:

KT finally bought a Red Book this year so He could see the mintage numbers.

Back
Top Bottom