Alternative to E-Bay?

Oh, to ADD to this negative discussion, eBay I can 'list' items for free up to like 50 free listings a month as long as they are within their rules.

BUT I noticed my fees at the end were outrageous. I owe 30$ this month for a few items I have sold. Turns out, eBay charges a final value fee (price auction ends at) AND implemented a SHIPPING FEE! The shipping fees are about 75% of what the final value fee is! Absolutely ridiculous!

It says free listing, not free final value fees which I assume you mean by "shipping fee" and it is nowhere near 75%.

Free insertion fees

Insertion fees are free for 50 auction-style listings per month.

If your listing is eligible for a $0.00 insertion fee, your insertion fee will appear as "Free" in the listing form. If you're relisting an item, the relist is eligible for $0.00 insertion fees under the same guidelines as a new listing (as long as it’s an auction-style listing in an eligible category, and falls within the limit of 50 listings in a calendar month). All listings (including relisted and canceled listings) count toward the 50 listings limit.

If you list in 2 categories, you'll be charged the regular insertion fee for the second category. All other fees, including listing upgrade fees (such as Bold) and final value fees, still apply.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#free

What I think : there is very same forum in Ukraine. And on it people the same show finds, share with new expresions, talk and sell different items. It's save- cuz here is a people who roughtly know each other, if someone is not honestly - everybody will know about it. We roughtly know a prices and deals will be fair. What do you think?? Can we try here not only change with items- but selling it here?

It says free listing, not free final value fees which I assume you mean by "shipping fee" and it is nowhere near 75%.

No, there are always final value fees. I know this, I've been selling on eBay off and on for years. What I am saying is that in addition to a final value fee, there is a shipping fee. See image below for what I mean. There is a "Final value fee" and a "Shipping final value fee"

picture.php

I used to sell on my own ebay store but between the trouble of mailing the package, getting my money, and my site fees I just give up. I just this week started to throw a Microsoft Office 97 CD away and decided to give ebay one more chance. So far, I have had two bidders and will clear hopefully $3.50 after ebay gets their fee. I am leaving the money on Paypal counting it as Christmas savings for my Garrett PP.

I failed to mention I used the free listing, and my personal ebay account.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, there are always final value fees. I know this, I've been selling on eBay off and on for years. What I am saying is that in addition to a final value fee, there is a shipping fee. See image below for what I mean. There is a "Final value fee" and a "Shipping final value fee"

picture.php

Ok I do see what you're saying now, but the % you stated is a bit deceiving because you did not acknowledge it was very inexpensive items you were selling, right? Ebay started charging a % of the shipping because sellers were screwing the system by selling a $10 item for $1.00, and charging $9.00 to ship. (and only having to pay fees on a buck) I mean it was a loophole, and a smart thing to do, and I'd bet my detector that if you sell a high volume of very inexpensive items you were playing the system too. When you crunch the numbers on a $100 item it certainly shows up different in your billing when you calculate the percentage, and not near as high as what you say. Sellers now simply can't screw the system and most just add the small difference to their starting price if they are that concerned about it. Obviously I don't like it either as it certainly adds up over thousands of dollars of sales, but again, I can see why they did it.

Ok I do see what you're saying now, but the % you stated is a bit deceiving because you did not acknowledge it was very inexpensive items you were selling, right? Ebay started charging a % of the shipping because sellers were screwing the system by selling a $10 item for $1.00, and charging $9.00 to ship. (and only having to pay fees on a buck) I mean it was a loophole, and a smart thing to do, and I'd bet my detector that if you sell a high volume of very inexpensive items you were playing the system too. When you crunch the numbers on a $100 item it certainly shows up different in your billing when you calculate the percentage, and not near as high as what you say. Sellers now simply can't screw the system and most just add the small difference to their starting price if they are that concerned about it. Obviously I don't like it either as it certainly adds up over thousands of dollars of sales, but again, I can see why they did it.

The reason I have issues with the shipping value is that I am shipping via USPS using a designated flat rate box which is the flat rate. The price was quoted directly from the USPS which is why it bugs me that I am paying 7.50 for shipping the item (legitimately) and being charged .68 cents or whatever to do so. So in my mind this is going to hike up listing prices to make up the difference to cover shipping. I just don't like the idea. I know there isn't a way around it because of the loophole, just a bit unexpected was all. Oh well...

Back
Top Bottom