"S" Is for Silver... (Part 2)

CyberSage

Elite Member
Beautiful Sunday morning. I am Feeling much better today. I was drinking my coffee and asked my wife if she would like to go metal detecting with me for a couple of hours. To my surprise she said, "yes". We packed up and headed for the same school I was at yesterday. She brought a folding chair, a book, and her camera. She sat in the shade, and I started swing'in.

GrassyField.jpg

Me and the Bigfoot just swing'in away! The best find of the day was a Sterling Silver Ring. Found a Sacajawea Dollar and British Two Pence??? also. After about two hours here is what I ended up with...

Day2.jpg

Thats 50 quarters in 5 hours hunt time over 2 days at this location. This is a large school ground. I have a lot more time to spend here. My wife had a good time reading,watching and taking pictures. We loaded things back in the car and headed home for lunch.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

You did quite well with the quarters. I like that silver ring too. That's a good haul for the day. Nice photos!

Sounds like a great morning out. By the way, nice form swinging that Bigfoot, right down in the grass. I think you'll find plenty more there.

Do you discriminate out the all zinc? I've noticed from your totals you have almost no pennies and the ones there look like all copper.

What a great haul for the 2 days. Those Atlas gloves are great!

Nice job on the ring cyber! The grass looks so green there compared to the brown stuff here. By the way I have been to Fort Collins a few times visiting family friends. Beautiful place!

Do you discriminate out the all zinc? I've noticed from your totals you have almost no pennies and the ones there look like all copper.

What a great haul for the 2 days. Those Atlas gloves are great!

I don't discriminate to much at all except for iron. I Reject (-95 to -30 and +95). I hear plenty of pennies and dimes go by. I have 3 modes I hunt in.

1. What I call Cherry Picking. Dig high VDI's over 80 and all VDI's from (+15 to +55)

2. Dig everything.

3. Stock coil in potential old coin location.

I usually start with Cherry Picking a location. Make a note in my journal, then go back at a later time and Dig everything. I get a little of both on the average hunt day. Fast paced quarter raking and then high volume penny and dime digging. I dig gold/pull-tab range always. The pennies and dimes get dug in coin spills and some of those copper pennies ring up real high sometimes. It's an unusual hit ,so I dig it. Lots of silver rings in this type of hit. Trashy areas do not go well with the bigfoot, I use my 6X10 DD for those areas and use the same approach.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Back
Top Bottom